2) A Little Bit of Tongue

I speed walked to catch up to Liam after the bell rang. He was on his way to Physics, close to the English class I was headed to. I had a date in two days. Me, Emma Malcolm, the girl who was supposedly 'cursed' with bad romantic luck. Ah-ha, in your face Liam and Izz.

"Hey, Liam." I called when he was in hearing distance. He turned at the sound of his name. "Guess what?," I said, grabbing onto his shirt sleeve and dragging him to the side.

"The Earth is blue?", he guessed with a triumphant grin. I gave him a withering stare. "No, no, no. I've got it." He held up his index finger, pausing dramatically. "The sky is blue." His eyes held faux hope. Liam was actually the smartest person I knew, hence one of the reasons he took physics.

"No", I emphasised.

"Well, then I really think you need a refund for your education because last time I checked the sky was blue", Liam sassed. He stared off in the distance with his index finger curled onto his chin in mock thought. "Although, you could just be colourblind."

"Aidan asked me on a date."

That snapped his attention back to me. "What?!"

"Do you need a refund for your education for not being able to understand a simple sentence in the English language, or are you deaf?", I fired back, smirking.

"Aidan asked you on a date?", he asked disbelieving.

"Yes."

"But what about the 'curse'?"

"What about him?" I raised my eyebrows.

"It's a him, now, I see? Hmmm." Liam winked. "Plan on having a romantic rendezvous with him too?"

"Shut up, I'm late for class", I said sidestepping him.

"I thought you didn't even believe in the curse?", he asked.

"I don't", I called over my shoulder.

***

"What?"

"Yeah."

"What!?"

"Geez", I rubbed my ear, "turn it down a couple of hundred decibels, would you?"

It was now lunch, and Izzy had just found out about my date with Aidan. Even if I had worn earmuffs, my ears would've probably sustained damage.

"Aidan asked you out?"

"Yeah", I answered shifting my gaze around, after repeating myself for the third time now. Take a hint, Izz.

"And you said yes?," she squealed.

"Yeah."

"But what about the curse?" Her eyes widened.

I groaned into my hands. "Not this again", I mumbled to myself. "What about the curse?", I sighed, and met her stare head on.

"Aren't you worried what's gonna happen?", she asked.

"No", I mumbled around a bite of chips