6) Hide and Seek

"Do you want to talk about it?", Liam asked while I fastened my seatbelt.

"I would tell you, but you'd probably take a detour to a psychiatric facility."

"Drat. How'd you find out? I didn't even type it on the GPS this time."

"No, but when I borrowed your computer yesterday, you forgot to clear your search history."

"Dammit," Liam sighed and clicked his finger. "I knew I should have been more careful."

"Yeah, you and Izzy really should've used protection. But on the plus side, her mom will be happy to find out you two finally became a couple." I smiled coyly.

He nodded solemnly. "I was thinking Bernard if it's a girl, and Bernadette if it's a boy."

I laughed. "And if it's twins, Peek and Boo."

"Itsy and Bitsy."

"Zig and Zag."

"Tutti and Fruiti."

"You're right, I like Bernadette the best. Oozes manliness."

"Right? So," Liam began, "should I beat Aidan up?", he asked tentatively. He quickly gave me a sideways glance before turning his attention back to the road. Liam hated confrontation and was more scrawny than brawny, especially compared to Aidan's athletic physique. My heart swelled at his offer to get his butt pummeled.

"Nah, his hangover will be his punishment."

"Nothing happened, right? He didn't try anything, did he?"

"No." I didn't want to include the tidbit that two other guys did. "He was just different to what I expected. I didn't really know him that well before, but he was always seemed so nice in school. I guess, it just surprises me how people can pretend to be one thing, but they are hiding apart of themselves."

Liam shifted slightly, and gave a quick smile. "Yeah..."

"You okay?," I nudged him in the shoulder, "you're not hiding something are you?", I jested.

He sniffed. "Just a criminal record and a couple of dead bodies. No big deal."

"You know you can always talk to me, right?"

"Yeah," he smiled.

I nodded once. "Good."

"Actually, I'm married with 3 kids."

"Really?", I feigned interest.

"Yeah. Rose, Lily and Edna."

"Edna's my favourite."

"Yeah", he agreed. "I was thinking of giving the other two up for adoption."

"What about your wife?"

He grinned. "Put her on Craigslist."

"Would've gotten more for her on EBay."

"Yeah, I'll remember that for next time." He paused. "Any particular reason why you chose the psychiatric ward?"