1: New Beginnings

It's strange how you never notice the little things until you move.

I didn't notice how small my old house was or how valuable the memories that I left behind would be. I didn't notice how the purple paint in my old room had lost its shine or how it was peeling off in chunks, leaving patches of white behind. I didn't notice how small my bed was or how the largest sofa in the living room had lost all it's legs.

I only realised those things as I looked at our new home. It was....large.

The type of houses you'd see on the front page of a magazine.

It was a classic white mansion with a fountain in the front yard that stood in the middle of a circular driveway, encompassed by beautiful red rose bushes.

It was right out of a fairytale, complete with an iron gate and a white door with a beautiful golden handle.

Compared to our old house, it was heaven. But the loss of my childhood home left an ache in my chest.

"Oh Jaxson its beautiful....," my mother's voice was filled with awe and she shared a kiss with her new husband, my stepfather, Jaxson McGrath.

He was a handsome 39 year old with a muscular build and a multimillion dollar investment company.

A big upgrade from my actual father.

He could even pass for my father. We both had dark brown hair, tan skin and dimples on our cheeks.

It was obvious that my mother had a type, at least when it came to looks.

I twirled my wavy hair between my fingers and fixed my glasses for the fifteenth time today. I grabbed my carry on bag and was barely surprised that three men were already working on taking our luggage inside.

***************

A/N: And hello nameless character