2: What the what?

This is one direction that this story could take. I'll post the other one next time. I might not necessarily use this idea but it was there so I wrote it. Enjoy.
******************
CAUTION: As usual this is unedited and not that badly written but not the best either.
******************

There is one thing every hero has in common.....
An unhealthy obsession with spandex.

Superman wears it. Batman. The Flash.
And even real heroes want to imitate their idols.

It was a disease, one I was desperately trying to avoid. And that wasn't just because I hated it.
I wasn't a hero.
Plain and simple.
Let them run around in tights all they want, but I would not. Developing powers didn't mean I had to abandon my sense of style and parade around playing dress up like I was stuck in Halloween.

You're probably thinking why I'm ranting about superhero costumes right?

Welcome to Atlis City. A rather large town with a bit of a problem:
Super villains.
But where there is bad, there is good and Heroes also reside here. There were twenty known superhumans active. Thirteen villains, five heroes and two vigilantes.

I was a vigilante, or a gun for hire.
They were roughly the same thing.

Think of me as a Private Detective with a 100% success rate. The type that isn't against torture and killing.

I pulled on my black pants, securing the bullet and fire proof clothing around my waist and ankles. I dragged on my combat boots then my blue T-shirt and white pullovers. My leather jacket was next, that was also bullet proof and fire proof, and finally my gloves.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smirked. My signature sign, a blue infinity symbol within a white circle was sewn onto the left shoulder of my leather jacket and my alias "Hunter" was written in block letters on my back.

My costume was very different from the other supers in our town and everyone knew I flat out refused to change, turning down all the media's suggestions for a change of wardrobe. Anything that included spandex and capes was a big no no.
I placed a black mask over my face, covering half of it. I quickly added contacts, changing my ocean blue eyes to a pool of green. I double checked the information on my computer screen, checked the security cameras around my base, a rackety old gas station that seemed to be falling apart.....well on the outside at least, and slipped out, turning on my pill sized earpiece.

"Tech Support? This is Hunter checking in. Do you read me?" I waited a few seconds, hearing him clearly munching chips in my ears.

"Yep. I got you. Operation is a go Hunter," I heard him clear his throat, "You uptight asshole."

"Hey come on, at least try to sound professional."

"Whatever, just be on the alert. The police are out tonight and as usual you're right up there on the wanted list with the villains," I felt him roll his eyes.

I shook my head and laughed, climbing to the roof of some hardware store, I jumped from roof to roof, "It's not my fault that Principal was in the Mafia."

"No, but you didn't have to torture the guy and force him to say it on live television."

"Leo, if I don't do it, no one will."

Recap: before you get confused, you know how superheros always have that guy in their ear giving advice and support? Yes? Well, Leonard Crescent is the voice in my ear on every mission. He's kinda my sidekick, and occasionally comes with me on missions, but usually he just stays in his basement, safe and sound.

"Only you Kaine. Only you"

*******
Surprise!!?