beat 11

11:11

The clock reads 11:10.

As I closed my eyes, waiting for the hands of the clock to strike at 11:11, my memory traveled through time.

I remember the very first time I saw him. I remember how I started to feel those clichés described in novelsㅡthe slow motion, the fast beating of my heart, the butterflies in my stomach, the heat moving in every part of my bodyㅡthe moment our eyes met.

I remember how he smiled as he shook my trembling hands. Though I looked antsy, but his voice made me calm the moment he say my name.

I still remember how we became so close. We became bestfriends. We were inseparable. And those moments were happiest days of my life.

And then he met this girl. I do remember how his eyes light up whenever he was looking at her. How he stopped and stared whenever she's around. And how happy he became when they looked at each other's eyes.

It was hard for me. Everyday was a torture whenever I saw them together. It felt like I was falling from a hundred floor building and ended up being hit by a car. Every part of me was aching. It felt like I was drowning in a cold deep sea. I couldn't swim. I couldn't breathe. It felt like my heart was being shattered in million pieces. But every piece of it still beats for him.

I remember how broken he was when she left him. How he hugged me tight as he cried to his heart's content. How I hugged him back and cried as hard as him. It was painful, watching him breaking and I couldn't even do a thing to ease the pain he's feeling.

I still remember the look in his eyes when I said those three words. And how he slowly drifts away.

I never imagined it would end like this.

All I ever wished was for him to look at me the way I looked at him.

But when I open my eyes it's already 11:12.

Did I miss again?

:<