beat 26

One day, I'd write you my last letter. One day, I'll forget everything about you. One day, I'll forget about the pain.

It's been months since we broke up. I thought I'm doing okay. I thought I could do it. I thought I've gotten used to it. But it still hurts.

You said that I should forget you. But how can I when you gave me so much to remember? I remember you in every song you used to sing for me. I remember you while gazing up at the stars at night. I remember you every time I look up to the moon. I remember you when the rain falls.

I wonder if you remember me too? I wonder if you miss me too? I wonder if you deleted all my pictures on your phone? I wonder if you still have my number. I wonder if you cry for me too? I wonder if you're hurting too?

Maybe not. I probably don't matter to you anymore.

You are so unfair. You left me without even explaining why. You left without giving me any reason at all. How could you do that to me? I wanted to know why. I needed to know your reasons.

Of all people, you know the most how it feels to be left alone hanging. You know how it feels to be broken. And yet you still choose to break me.

I trusted you. You know my story. I'm so messed up and broken. I couldn't even love myself, but then you came. I loved you with my broken pieces.

But just when I thought that I was whole again, everything fall apart.

I thought you were the one. You were supposed to be the one. But you just became another chapter of hurt in my life.

You were the best thing I had yet, at the same time my biggest regret.

I'm still hurting. And I don't know how to stop the pain.

Maybe one day I'll forget everything about you. Maybe one day, I'll forget all of this heartache.

But right now, let me love you even if it hurts. Let me cry for you, for us, until my tears run dry. Let me break, until I can pick myself up again. Let me bleed, until I can do it again. Until I can let go and accept everything.

page 2 | unsent letters to you