Chapter 2: Goodbyes

We made eye contact for about five seconds when kids started swarming around him. Teasing him and playing with him. I heard a girl calling him "burnt Janus Rogers! " Janus Rogers is a well known handsome guy and yes, it does suit him but what's funny is the word "burnt". Lol. Well, he does have a tan colored skin so yeah. 

Minutes passed and people started getting more and more and when it was time to do the activities, I saw him leading the kids to dance and to have fun. I really am too old for these so, I just followed what they told me to do these and that. Why does God do these and that. Etc. It took a long time to notice that he ain't approaching me and I don't have the courage to approach him first. So I just shrugged it off but I honestly can't stop looking at him and luckily, no one saw what I was doing.

11:30. The time when we have to say goodbyes with people who attended the activity. I once again caught the last glimpse of him before turning my back and started walking towards the gate. Where my miserable life is gladly waiting for me.

6 years later

In those 6 years, nothing much happened. I barely see him. And my 'almost' feelings for him just... Vanished.

Today is April 20 last 2 weeks was my completion of being a junior. Right now, I'm packing stuffs because the results are out! I passed the entrance exams at Elysian (elle-zien) Academy High School one of the semi-private schools in our country. I passed but was listed on the second section/ section B. There are only two sections in the program Cosmogyral. Program Cosmogyral focuses on studying about the universe in short, it focuses on math and science and is the highest (or has the most intelligent students) program out of all the programs.. Well there are a lot of programs here in Elysian but let's talk about it some time later. Anyways, sections in our program has names. Section A is the Ceraunophile and our section, section B is named Selenophile. And did you know that- "Delilah! Get your butt here already! " "Just one more sec! " I answered back to Hailey.

After checking my things again, I rushed to get my phone and already went down stairs where I met all my family members holding a banner with a "Good luck Delilah on your next journey!  We love you and do make us proud, you kiddo! " written on it, a tear fell out of my eye when suddenly Caeleum popped the party confetti. I was about to get emotional but because of Caeleum, everyone laughed except for her.  I felt soul less again. But whatever, I'm used to it so, I just laughed with them. I do not want her to be the reason to make this a bad day. On the corner of my eye I saw dad, crying HAHA whut?

"Hey baby, take care there ok? Dad's not there to come pick you up every afternoon to get you back home, dad's not there to crack corny jokes you always loved, dad's not there to give you spare coins, dad's not there to scold you when you're always on your phone, dad's not there to tell you to study and eat on the right time..... Daddy's not there, sunshine. " he sniffed while hugging me. I cried a bit but Dad gave me a comforting smile and I hugged him much tighter.

"Okay! Put on your seatbelts! " dad reminded before hitting the road.  It took 30 mins to reach the airport. I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and dad went to the compartment to get my luggage and my stuffs and escorted me to the plane. Dad gave me the handle of my luggage and waved his hands to me as a sign of saying goodbye, we exchanged hugs and I continued walking to the stairs of the planes. But I stop, I stop on my track and ran to dad. I burst into tears "Sunshine, don't cry. " dad kissed my head and broke away from my hug, he pulled something from his pocket.