3

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself staring at the decorated ceiling of my room.

From my bed, I gradually put myself to sit up and reflect on the day ahead of me. Today will just like any other day since I came here; no friends, just classes and learning.

I looked at the wall clock over the desk ahead of me, telling me that it's 6 A.M. I stood up and did some stretches and breathing exercises. Afterwards, I opened the bedroom curtains to let the sunlight come in, the Land of the Rising Sun greeting me "Good morning"!

I took a bath, wore my uniform, and made myself some breakfast. It's not really fun when you're in an apartment house all by yourself. I tried to convince Father that I'll be just fine renting a room in the city, but he insisted to buy a condominium instead. Man, I miss my family back home. I already feel so homesick.

After eating breakfast, I immediately left for school at exactly 7:30 A.M. It takes thirty minutes to walk from my house to the school, so I always have to be early no matter what.

Just as I walked outside the house, I saw a very familiar figure standing outside the gate, as if he was waiting for someone. Upon walking closer, I realized who it was.

It's Jotaro again!

I stood afar, staring at him in surprise. How did he find out where I live? Maybe this was just a mere coincidence; he must be waiting for someone else instead. What is he doing here? Is he waiting for someone? Wait, could he be actually waiting for me? No, no. Who the hell am I to be waited for? Jotaro Kujo, waiting for me? HAHA, that's NONSENSE.

Since he's just standing there, maybe I could engage in a conversation or something? No, I feel too embarrassed. I did promise myself that I'm not going to talk to him ever again, but for what reason am I going to ignore him anyway? I have nothing against him and vice versa, and there's really no problem just saying a little 'hi'.

I took a deep breath, and tried my best to sound as cheerful as I can be.

"Oi, Jotaro! Good morning!"

I really look stupid right now if I were to look at myself in a different point of view.

It seems that I have caught his attention because he looked at me as I walked towards him with a beam. He stared at me for a bit and then started to walk away from me towards the path to school.

Wow. Thanks a bunch for making me look dumber than I really am, Jotaro. Very much appreciated.

Is he really that much of a snob? He didn't even bother to even reply a little 'morning' and just started to walk away like that? Who the hell does he think he is? I know that I admire him, but this is rudeness. I don't deserve to be treated like this...

...or maybe I do. No one really likes me. I guess that's why.

"Kumiko, are you coming or what?"

I came back to my senses and turned my attention to Jotaro, who was just a few steps ahead, looking back at me. No way, did he actually wait for me? Is that why he was standing outside the apartment? If that's the case, then why? What's in it for him? No one has ever done that to me before.

"Your legs function well, right?" Jotaro snapped in an impatient tone, "If they do, then start walking. We'll be late to school."

He then turned his back for the second time and started walking away.

I just can't believe it; I'm really walking with Jotaro to school.

"Y-yes!" I stuttered as I ran to catch up with him.