6

He gave out a battle cry and then charged towards me.

I lunged my towards him, aiming on his lower abdomen; but he blocked it with a figure eight spin. He positioned himself to attack with a down strike as I tightened my grip on my staff, holding it overhead to block the incoming attack. Afterwards, when he held his staff down I tried to attack, executing a poke on his abdomen, but he blocks it again and hooks it with his own , rotating it downwards. I managed to disconnect my staff from his and pulled it back, moving it over for a downward smash. He then counters it with an overhead block. Suddenly, my staff was bought down to the ground. The next thing I knew was his beside my foot, as a result of a thrust.

"Ki o tsukete, Kumi-chan." He sneered at me.

(Be careful, Kumi.)

I underestimated Ren. I decided to take it easy because of him being so boastful when it comes to the . I admit that he has great control with his staff, but he is still flawed when it comes to executing his techniques. He also doesn't hold his weapon well.

Let's kick this up a notch.

Walking back away from him, I positioned in my stance. He smirked then charged towards me, then threw a punch. I dodged his attack with a quick side step and then I hit between his hands and hooked. I turned his staff clockwise, until he was bending towards the ground.

His expression turned to a shock. Taking this chance, I stepped on his staff, causing him to let go of it and positioned my on his neck, impeding my own attack.

"I think you're the one who needs to be careful," I sniggered back.

He then gave a laugh as he stood up on his feet, "You're one formidable opponent, aren't ya?"

As I turned my back, walking away from him, he suddenly pounced towards me and wrapped his arms around tight, forcing me to stay still.

A rear bearhug? Seriously, Ren?

Ren exclaimed, "You didn't expect that, didn't you, Kumi-chan?" he then burst out into a huge laughter, "I WIN!"

I struggled to break free, but his arms were too strong. I looked at Jotaro; he was watching, but he's just sitting down. If he knew I was really in trouble, he'd be charging at Ren right away. I guess I can handle this situation.

"Hinjaku, hinjaku," I sighed, "Resorting in a cheap move like that."

(Poorly weak.)

With my staff, I pressed it against his fingers on my stomach to crush them. Knowing that he has loosened his fingers, I broke free and hit him on the abdomen with the other end of my . Then I moved over my staff for a strike on his head.

"Itai!" he yelled as he clutched his head from the impact.

(Ouch!)

He got thrown off-guard and now he's open from chest to down. Taking this chance, it's time for my last move – a straight poke on the chest. Giving my a tight grip, I lunged towards Ren with the remaining strength I could use.

I successfully hit Ren on the chest, but unexpectedly upon impact his body was sent flying back towards the trees. I immediately dropped my and rushed to his aid as Jotaro stood up in surprise.

"REN!" I exclaimed, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it!"

"I know, I know," he said as he gave a painful groan, "That's some intense strength you got there; you're much stronger today than when you punched me back in school."