4

Weeks passed and I have successfully developed a friendship with Jotaro.

He always shows up in front of my house every morning, and also walks with me on the way home. I began starting conversations with him whenever I can, and there I realized that he was just as silent as I am. He's the only person I'm with inside and outside the school. There are some certain things that get him pissed, but as long as I'm in Jotaro's good side, we're good.

Today was the time for lunch, and as usual, in front of my desk is Jotaro who's eating with me.

"What do you have for lunch today, Jotaro?" I asked him as I grabbed my bento from inside my bag.

He grabs his bento and opens it, "Sushi. Mom made it,"

"What a coincidence," I opened mine also, "I made sushi too,"

"You make your own lunch?"

"Yeah, since I live alone. My mom used to cook my lunch, but they're back in the province,"

"I see," he uses his chopsticks to grab a sushi and puts it in his mouth, "But you have a whole house to yourself..."

I groaned, "It just feels too spacious. At least I should have another person living with me."

I picked up a sushi from my bento and ate it as well. As usual, I can almost taste my mom's cooking with mine. She taught me how to cook when I was young. As I got used to cooking, I started to add a little tweaks with the recipes my mom taught me, and they turned out to be good, like my sushi over here.

"Nee, Jotaro," I murmured, "Can I try your sushi?"

He stopped eating as I said those words, "Why?"

"Nothing really. I'm just curious how your mom's cooking tastes like," I replied, "I know they're your favourite,"

He heaved a sigh as he answered, "Sure, but let me taste yours as well. I wonder how you do in the kitchen,"

I reached my chopsticks into his bento and grabbed a sushi, "Hey, I do my cooking pretty well. I used to cook for my family back in the province and they love it."

"We'll just see about that," he grabbed a sushi from my bento and tossed it into his mouth.

I did the same. Wow, I'm quite surprised. His mom's cooking is really good. The sweetness and saltiness of the sushi was in a perfect balance, the texture of the rice was really good and it compliments well with the fresh fish, and the nori wrapped around it has the right amount of crisp.

"Oishi! This is really good," I exclaimed.

"Yours is not bad," he spoke as he grabbed another sushi, "But mom's cooking is way better."

I gave a small chuckle, "Of course,"

Realizing that Jotaro actually grabbed a sushi from my bento, I retorted at him to give it back, but he has already put it in his mouth. I sneakily grabbed a sushi from his bento as a little payback. I laughed a bit as he gave a small grin from our little joke.

But before I even took notice, someone grabbed my bento on one end and intentionally dragged it at the edge of my desk, causing the rest of my sushi to fall all over the classroom floor.

"Oh look, Kumiko dropped her lunch!" a guy's voice called out, attracting the attention of the other students who remained in the classroom. They all laughed at me as I stood up, about to clean up my wasted lunch.

I took a glance of whoever did this. He has his gakuran fitted on his torso, stood 178 cm tall, has his dark, brown hair slicked up, and wore a sadistic but flirtatious expression. It's no other than Ren Ueno, one of the people I despise a lot.