10

"Tekuto Bancho, where are you?" I called out as I opened the door to the backyard.

I poked my head out to see if Tekuto is already in the backyard for our early morning spar like we used to everyday, but I didn't see anyone except for Jotaro, who was standing in the middle of the yard as he stretched his arms high.

He turned around and saw me, "You're awake. Ohayou, Kumiko."

"O...ohayou..." I replied as I sat down beside the door.

I still feel a bit awkward about what happened last night, so I couldn't really look at him in the eye. It seems he didn't mind and just continued on doing in whatever he's doing.

"Why are you looking for Tekuto?" Jotaro asked.

I turned to face him. He's already in front of me, wiping his sweat with a towel he bought. I could feel my cheeks heating up again, then I turned away so that he wouldn't see, "Uh... we were supposed to do our daily spar like we used to back then, but he's not here,"

"I see." He replied as he sat down beside me.

I avoided his gaze, turning away in the opposite direction. I thought that I was overreacting, looking away like this, so I decided to 'man up' and shake it off. I looked to his direction; he was slowly breathing in and out while his eyes were closed. Probably he was jogging around the yard for almost an hour because he's sweating a lot.

As he held his head down, I noticed that there was something on his left neck. Upon closer inspection, I caught a sight of a birthmark that was shaped like a star. I touched it out of curiosity, and then all of a sudden Jotaro held his head up. I held my hand back from shock, "A-ah! I'm sorry. It's just that I haven't seen a birthmark like that,"

"It's the Joestar birthmark," he touched his neck, "Apparently, all of the Joestar descendants have this; including my mom and my grandfather."

"That looks so cool," I sighed, "I wish I had that."

"It's better if you didn't. This birthmark carries weight,"

He then took out a Polaroid photo from his pocket. I thought that it was the photo from last night, but it was something else. It was Jotaro and 4 other people standing in a desert with a dog. He was at the far left of the photo, while a guy with red hair stood next to him. Right next to the red-haired guy was some kind of Egyptian dude in a red robe and pants. In front on him was an old man who looks a bit like Jotaro – maybe his grandfather – but for his age, he's pretty well-built; his face was being held by a guy with tall, white hair in which I assume is a Frenchman. In between the group was a Pomeranian Terrier. I suppose this dog is well-trained because it's behaving well while this photo was taken.

"Is this taken in Egypt?" I asked, "Who are these people?"

"Yeah," he answered, "The guy with red hair is Noriaki Kakyoin and the man next to him is Mohammed Avdol. The guy with silver hair is Jean Pierre Polnareff, and the old man next to him is my grandfather, Joseph Joestar."

"And the dog?"

"Its name is Iggy; a stubborn little bastard,"

"Why are you complimenting a dog?" I chuckled, "Where are they right now?"

"My grandfather is in New York, doing his estate business; while Polnareff is back in France, his home country. The others...."

He paused for a long time before he continued, "They are no longer with us...."

My eyes widened in surprise as he told me the story where his mom got sick and was on the verge of death if they didn't defeat a guy named DIO. Jotaro, together with his grandfather and others, travelled all the way to Egypt to save his mom. He didn't go into much detail about what happened, and it doesn't make sense to me why they have to defeat some guy to cure his mom.