A New life

Two weeks since Kate's new employment. Kate is still not able to cope with her new job.
Well no one can actually. So far she had only slept with three men painfully.

Working for Mrs Sharon, Kate met with other girls also working as a whore, and that was where she met Diana.
Diana is also an innocent young girl, who was also victimized by Mrs Sharon's supposed help.
Kate get along well with Diana than other girls, especially because they had similar points of view. From what Kate could understand, other girls were very comfortable with their work as a whore except Diana. Kate had considered Diana as a Friend, they share thoughts and at times secrets.

'how were you ever able to cope with this kind of life?' Kate asked in a conversation with Diana. 'Kate...i had to find a way to cope, just like you, my first few weeks were like hell, but when I realized that I couldn't run away from it, I guess I just had to blend in" Diana explained.
'well, you can actually run away you know, I mean literally because I don't think I would be able to live this kind of life any longer' Kate said in a serious tone.
'Kate, do you think I would still be here if it were that easy?' Diana asked rhetorically. 'listen, I used to have a friend working with us before you joined, we were quite close and she was equally tired of this kind of life just as I was, she told me once that she was going to run away from all this, well I never really thought she was serious but she was. She went and never came back, we all thought she had successfully escaped, actually I was beginning to plan my escape as well, until one day when Mrs Sharon called for us and shared a newspaper with a picture of the girl's dead body in front of the newspaper, Mrs Sharon sounded a warning to the rest of us who might have it in mind to run that, that was going to be the fate of whoever that tries to run away' Diana narrated sadly. Kate was shocked with what she had just heard.
'so you mean Mrs Sharon got her killed' Kate asked.
'exactly, so I hope you understand why we can't run away, we go home after work but we must come back or we are dead' Diana replied.

'this place is hell on earth' Kate said sadly in a wet eye.
'yes...and we are trapped right in it, you see, the only good thing is that at least we get to go home to see our loved ones' Diana replied.
'yeah, you are right' Kate answered with an almost silent voice.

Kate now realizing the true nature of Mrs Sharon, has decided to work for the money she owes in other ways along side her work as a whore, so she engaged herself in other things in order to meet up with the amount faster.

Kate worked really hard, even if it seemed impossible to meet up with such an amount, she never gave up. At times she might feel depressed and end up crying. To her it's as if the whole world is against her. Jane noticed this unusual sadness, and was beginning to worry, anytime she asks her daughter why she was sad, all she gets is 'I'm okay mum'.

Jane could feel that something was not right, perhaps her daughter is having problems at work or something. Jane could not understand, all she knows is that whatever the problem is, her daughter does not want to share so that they won't be worried.

Then this question crossed her mind,
'where is Kate's work place'
Jane couldn't believe she never asked her daughter where she works.
Jane jumped to her feet to ask her daughter this very question. Kate was in her room looking sad and lost in thoughts as usual.

'dear, I was wondering, where is your work place' Jane asked curiously.
Kate was shocked at this question,
'why are you suddenly curious about that' Kate asked, buying herself time to think of an answer.
'well, don't you think it's only normal for me to know where my daughter works' Jane replied quickly, looking straight into her daughter's eye.
'well....i told you I work in a restaurant' Kate said looking confused.
'I am sure that that restaurant has a name' Jane stated.
'yes..... It's called....El Paso restaurant' Kate replied.
Kate claimed to be working at El Paso restaurant intentionally, because it is really far from their home in case her mother gets any idea of looking for the place.
'alright then, it's good now that I know..well, I would like to go with you tomorrow so I could know the place' Jane requested.
'NO!... you don't have to do that'
'but why'
'because you don't have to'
'why don't you want me to know where you are working?'
'No it's not that... i just don't think it's necessary...I mean you should be at home resting'

'I see' Jane said unsatisfied with her daughter's reason.

Jane grew even more interested in knowing the place especially due to her daughter's weird reactions towards the idea. So she made secret plans to find the restaurant by herself.

After Kate left for work the next day, Jane jumped out of the bed where she was pretending to be asleep when her daughter was leaving for work, and prepared for the day's adventure.
Jane also left about an hour later.

After an hour and half drive on a station wagon (public transport) from their residential area, It seemed like the restaurant was located at the end of the world, but Jane never gave up, after the drive, she kept on asking for directions until she finally got to the place.

She was quite amused at how posh it looks, she then walked in.
Like other customers, she was being lead to a well decorated table by a properly dressed waiter.
'No no no, I'm not here to eat, am sorry, I only came to check on my daughter, she works as a waitress here' Jane said feeling a little embarrassed.
'who is your daughter' the waiter asked.
'Kate' Jane replied.
'I'm sorry ma'am, but there is no Kate working here' the waiter said confidently.
'but my daughter works here, Kate!, don't you know her?' Jane asked looking around hoping to see her daughter but evidently she wasn't there.
'ma'am I'm sorry but you have to leave' the waiter said pointing at the exit.

Jane left in confusion, she couldn't understand why her daughter lied about where she was working. But she's now determined to find out where Kate goes to when she claims to be going to work.

Don't forget to vote if you love the story
....on the next chapter.
Thanks.