Ultimate Scheming System Chapter 95

This Tower of Souls was obviously a building and was also a weapon of sorts.

However, it wasn't a type of weapon which has a strong firepower that could kill. Instead, it was a type of weapon which would limit the cultivation powers of a cultivator and prevent any powers from being used. It could also transform into a pocket sized building or it could turn extremely large whenever the need arose to protect or defend.

Sky Incense Valley has a long and reputable line of succession history. The entire sect looked up to their disciples who possess unnatural mental strengths and resistance. That was why the third stage involved this Tower of Souls which would test for these qualities.

The minute Xu Que passed through a veil into the test domains, he looked up at the Tower of Souls some distance away and was astounded by the magnificence of it.

This tower was much bigger and taller than he had imagined it to be.

He had initially thought that it would just be like any other building he had seen before. He pictured it to be ten storeys at most. However, this Tower of Souls was so tall that it extended far above the clouds and looked extremely formidable.

The Tower of Souls had a steel-colored triangular roof. Regardless of which angle it was looked at, it was extremely unique.

"Impressive! Indeed, cultivators are able to create anything they imagine. One day, I shall create a tower of my own based on my impulses. It shall be like the Eiffel Tower of Paris. Let's see if you'd be intimidated by my tower then!" Xu Que mumbled under his breath as he strode towards the tower.

There were many groups of people surrounding the tower. Apart from the supervising Sky Incense Valley disciples, groups of people waiting for their time to enter the tower and cultivators who had already finished this level of the test were there.

All their eyes were glued onto the tower and they would occasionally let out gasps of shock. Or it could be sighs of regret.

And whenever the crowd sighed out regretfully, a cultivator would magically appear on the ground in front of the tower. This meant that they were expelled from the Tower of Souls after reaching a point which their souls could no longer handle the crushing pressure.

Xu Que was extremely surprised at how this group of people knew that someone was being expelled even before he appeared on the ground, outside the tower. He thus walked up slowly and raised his head to look up. The sight made him jump up in shock.

Outside the entrance of the Tower of Souls, there were many wooden tiles hanging along the walls. These wooden tiles were exactly the same as those hanging outside the entrance of the second stage. On each wooden tile, there were names and serial numbers.

Before entering the Tower of Souls, the wooden tile would be absorbed into the tower and a strong link would be formed between the participant and the wooden tile.

Everytime the owner of that wooden tile ascends a level, the wooden tile would float up to that same level and linger outside. Whenever the participant's soul couldn't handle the pressure anymore, the wooden tile would imprint itself onto the walls of the tower, on the same level which the participant dropped out from.

"At this point, there are two Daoist friends hanging on the third level. I wonder if anyone can ever break past the fourth level!"

"I'm afraid that's going to be very difficult. Up to this point, there've only been five cultivators who ever managed to enter the fourth level. And these five were all of the Original Infant Stage!"

"I don't agree with you. Although the strength of a person's soul is dependent on his cultivation level, there are some exceptions as well. Look at our friend who's holding on at the fourth level. He's only at level 3 of the Golden Core Stage but the strength of his soul is immense!"