Chapter 17 - The Imperio and the knife

2020 EDIT...

It's been 2 weeks since Selena woke from the magical coma. Since then, despite the protests of the entire inner circle and Tom, Selena had been up about for about a week so far.

The concerned glances of the lower death eaters didn't go amiss either, everyone was watching her closely. She understood why, she still felt that strange feeling, but decided to ignore it and continue like it was nothing.

Tom and Severus had discussed the cursed knife that Dumbleduck hit her with, it appeared to belong to an ancient breed of creature,this knowledge definitely unnerved the two dark wizards.

Selena had been told about the origins of the knife, however they felt the need to keep certain information from her, as not to scare her into assuming what the 'feeling' was (she's nearly 16 and very intelligent but still)

Thanks to some research Tom and Severus concluded that the 'feeling' could either be her dying or......'turning'

Tom was extremely worried, he didn't mind her becoming a creature as that meant there was a small chance she could be immortal however there was still the possibility she might be dying.

Selena was getting upset that she wasn't allowed on any raids, let alone lead any, and was constantly asking Tom if she could go.

Even after debating with him, he decided to humour her and 'asked' the lower death eaters if they would go on a raid, they all either couldn't go because of 'commitments' or 'injuries'. Selena got the message after around 20 death eaters got a 'fever', she also realised that, while they are good liars, they truly cared for her.

*************************************
One week later - 4th August - 6 days before Selena's birthday.

While Selena still had that 'feeling' normal life for the dark side was returning.

Selena was outside in the garden talking to some of the lower death eaters whom, unknowingly to Selena, were distracting her so that the inner circle could come up with a plan for her birthday.

Now with Remus retrieved from the false side-of-light, who surprisingly also brought the Weasley twins with him, They were sat in the manors meeting room spitballing ideas.

(T=Tom, SS= Snape, C= Cissa, B=Bellatrix, S=Sirius, R= Remus, L=Lucius, D=Draco, WT= Twins)

L: What about a ball?

T: She doesn't like being in a large room with too many people for too long

C: a small gathering? Just with us?

SS: That's a reasonable idea

S:but she sees us every day? Won't that be a bit boring?

WT: she hasn't seen us yet

R: Or me

T: nether the less, still it's our best option for now

S: what does she really like to do?

SS: Talk to animals

B: help in the Garden

D: Swim in a lake

C: Bake

WT: Paint or draw

L: Torture prisoners

..........

L: I admit that last one was a bit morbid

SS: Obv......iously

WT: What about combining all of it?....except the torture one.

T: what do you mean?

WT(Fred): Well we could have a party outside?

WT(George): with a small section blocked off for us so she won't be surrounded by people.

WT(Fred): It would be outside, which she likes....

WT(George): and the animals she loves will be near by.

R: Thats....incredible

S: I'm impressed, boys

T: As am I, that's a good idea, Cissa, Lucius can I ask you two to organise it?

C: of course! She's gonna love it!

(Lucius nodded, smiling)

T: then it's agreed too, let us start the preparations.

*************************************
August 10th - Selena's Birthday

All the preparations had been completed and Selena was only told to 'dress up'. Naturally being raised by anything that wasn't human, she was unsure about the idea of celebrating her birthday. Nobody ever cared enough in Hogwarts (apart from Severus and Draco) but with her Birthday being in the summer she never celebrated it.

When she walked outside that late afternoon she had not expected to see the garden filled with lights, a large table packed with food. A load of tables and chairs around the open space, a temporary floor, a dance floor by the looks of it, and a platform surrounded by tall rose bushes apart from a gap, which appeared to be the entrance.

The roses on the bushes ranged from royal blue to navy blue which made Selena think somebody used magic to grow them, as it is impossible to do otherwise.

As she walked through the bushes into the secluded area she found the inner circle along with Tom all waiting to greet her.

"Happy birthday!" Was all could be heard for a few minutes, as the original shout caused a wave of them through the death eaters.

"Guys! This is beautiful! Thank you!" As rare as a blue rose, Selena started crying. Luckily tears of happiness.

"Anything for you, my dear" Tom said as he walked towards Selena to embrace her.

Short chapter because I cant write social interactions at all. I know where I want the story to go so it's not long now xxx