0.2

"You're kind of cute, I guess

"You're kind of cute, I guess."

_____

PETER PARKER made Michelle's heart jump a bit sometimes, and she didn't like it. She didn't have a crush on Peter Parker, God no. Though, she knew she cared about him.

After a few days in school, Michelle noticed she had 4 classes with Peter. Functions, P.E, Chemistry and Study Hall. She sat next to him in Functions, P.E didn't really have seats, and in Chemistry there were no definite seats, same with Study Hall. She decided on sitting as far away from him as possible in Chem and Study Hall. It worked in Study Hall because Ned was also in that class, so he sat with Peter everyday at the very back right corner, and Michelle stuck to her far back left. She tried to see if sitting in the far front left would be further away, but she calculated it and it was the same distance. Even if it was farther, she wouldn't have sat there, because then Ms. McCabe would've tried to engage in conversation with Michelle. In chem, she was able to avoid him, but he tended to sit nearby, in the back row. He always seemed to be putting things in the drawer next to him whenever the teacher was facing away.. and she was curious.

Michelle had always been a curious girl. She was never vocal about it though, as she preferred to observe and put the pieces together herself rather than having someone tell her the answer. Her mother always said that, your mind is always at least one step ahead of everyone else's, not a single person is on your level, Michelle. Though, her father always told her to keep at it. Always be one step ahead.

The problem was, that she had begun to observe Peter in chemistry, and she couldn't put any pieces together. It was as if she had 50 puzzle pieces, but they were all from completely different puzzles. She could never see what he put into the drawer, and she never saw him take it out. After class one day she opened the drawer to see, after he had left, and she just found an empty beaker.

"Damn it, Parker." She mumbled before swinging the drawer shut and leaving the classroom, her expression going back to her emotionless front, being frustrated just seconds ago.

In Study Hall during last period, Michelle was going over everything she had observed over time that had to do with Peter. She wasn't obsessed, no. She was just very observant, and this boy caught her eye, and now she wanted to figure him out.

Throughout the entirety of sophomore year, Michelle had collected information about things such as his likes and dislikes, his habits, mannerisms, etc. Michelle liked to start with small things like that, because the smaller pieces always finished with one big, beautiful picture.

She had noted that the boy liked, or loved, the Star Wars franchise and he was quite fond of Back To The Future. He enjoyed to build Lego sets with his best friend, Ned, and sometimes they had movie marathons. He loved Thai food, specifically larb. Michelle had never tried it, though, so she couldn't agree or disagree.