0.7

"You're not good at keeping secrets

"You're not good at keeping secrets."

___

WHEN YOU find out the guy you have been infatuated with for 2 years is Spider-Man, what is considered a normal reaction? To live in denial? To accept it and live normally? Or, to try and formulate the perfect plan on how to confront them about it calmly, while simultaneously still being angry at them for lying to you for months?

Michelle Jones had obviously taken the way of the last option, her mind filing through the many ideas she had on how to confront Peter about it. He usually wore the blue sweater on Mondays, and when he showed up in a flannel, any doubts she had of him being Spider-Man were tossed out the window.

Another problem she had was being unsure of what to do with the sweater he had given to her on that Sunday morning, after he took her down to the concrete. Was she supposed to give it back? Or should she just keep it? Peter didn't know that Michelle had figured him out, and she didn't know how to tell him.

Trying to decide how to tell someone you know what is probably their biggest secret is more nerve-wracking than telling someone you like them. But when the secret you know belongs to the person you like, it only makes the first thing 10 times harder.

So, there she was in Study Hall, trying to think of ways to break it to Peter instead of focusing on her Functions homework they had been assigned that Wednesday morning. Much to Michelle's dismay, she didn't think enough that morning and had put on the blue sweater and wore it to school. Peter had been looking at her all day, and she guessed it was because she had his favourite sweater. She thought it had to do with nothing more than the fact she had his sweater, but she had no idea what the boy across the room was really thinking.

Michelle let out a quiet sigh and pulled one of the sleeves over her hand, taking in the soft feeling for the umpteenth time since she had gotten the sweater. She had fallen asleep in it on Sunday night, and she put it through the wash on Monday. It still held the cinnamon and Apple cider scent, something about it just wouldn't leave. She ran her of her hand through her curls that weren't confined by a hair tie that day, which was a rare occasion.

Michelle could observe, but she couldn't read minds. She would never know just by looking at him, but Peter wasn't just looking at her because of the sweater. He was looking at her because she was actually wearing his sweater. He thought she didn't know it was his, but it still made him hold back the smile that would threaten to show whenever he saw the blue on her. Michelle rarely wore colours, and one of the few times she did, it was his sweater. She also had her curls out, which was something she didn't do often, but Peter absolutely adored it whenever she did. She liked to have it tied back, not because it was messy, no. Michelle Jones didn't care if she looked messy. She liked to tie it back because it would keep her concentrated and she wouldn't be bothered by it falling in her face.