F O U R.

He was looking straight into my eyes. The dark brown color illuminating them was breathtaking. They shone and it was really hard for me to describe their color. It was like a unique mixture of dark brown, light and then they had little spots of honey scattered around. ''Your smile is gorgeous.'' Jungkook spoke those words and I could feel my knees tremble, even if I was sitting down. If only he knew what I thought about his smile. The scent of cigarette was coming from him today too. But it didn't bother me. Not coming from him.

''Um,'' A rosy color appeared on my cheeks, as I tried to cover them with my cold hands. ''Thank you.'' The words slipped out of my lips as I shyly looked at him. He's sitting behind me, this time, so I turned around to face the board and the teacher, trying to avoid any embarrassment. Why in hell is he telling me this while he has a girl, maybe they split up or maybe he just thought my smile was cute. I mean, there's not much thought you can put into that, but it felt kind of good hearing that from the guy you are attracted to.

''Anytime.'' He whispered behind me and a smile stretched on my lips. The class was going to be over in a matter of minutes and I was hoping he'd want to walk side by side with me. I was really having so many hopes and crazy ideas that he might actually like me back. And I had clear in my mind that if everything went wrong, I'd be devastated, thanks to this blind hope my heart was making me feel. That's the negative side of being a hopeless romantic, you hope too much and you fall too hard and you hurt way too much. That's the way it is.

I checked the clock on my cellphone, just a little more and the class was going to be over. ''Okay guys, don't forget to do your homework for Monday, have a lovely weekend.'' The teacher's voice made its way to my ears as I packed my stuff. She dismissed us earlier than other days. Jungkook walked away from the class and I tried to walk as fast as I could, along with Alex, but he was too far away now. He was not in sight anymore.

A disappointed sigh escaped my chapped lips, Alex just patted my shoulders. Way to make me feel better. ''Damn it.'' I looked down at the ground.

''Persis, calm down. Remember he has a girl and-''

''I know,'' I interrupted. ''It's crazy to think he could be into me, isn't it?'' We remained silent during our way to the cafeteria, to meet the girls. I was kind of sad, because yesterday Eric was asking me about him and telling me what Jungkook thinks about me and then today I got no chance to share words with him. Except for that awkward moment in class where he said he liked my smile. I didn't know what to think. Alex was right, he had some other girl and it was unfair for the three of us.

Alex and I were halfway through our way until... ''Persis.'' I heard a voice coming from behind me and it was Taehyung, damn it. I recognized his voice easily. I've been trying to avoid him since we started talking, because I didn't want him to think I was into him or something. I turned around.

He was already catching up to me. His hand touched my shoulder and I only had two options: 1. Run away like a creep, or 2. Greet him in the most educated and friendliest of ways. ''Hi.'' The word slipped out of my lips in such an awkward way, I didn't know what to do.

''Would you like to grab some lunch with me?'' His question really took me by surprise. The words were unable to get out of my mouth, so all I did was 'uh' sounds as I forced the word 'no' to come out.

I shook my head. ''I am sorry, I have to head home,'' Disappointment was splattered in his eyes. ''Some other time?'' I asked with intentions of fixing the situation. Truth is, I didn't want to have lunch with him. I was trying to keep my distance away from him, since his ability to read signs and interpret words was very unqualified. His face lit up and I regretted speaking those words. Damn it Persis Lewis, you and your not-wanting-to-hurt-anybody shit.