Chapter 12

(Your POV)
The next few attacks had me stuck inside the house. I was fine, my ankle was quite alright, but Adrien had insisted that I sit them out. Luckily, though, today I felt perfectly fine and nothing was wrong with it. And I managed to get Adrien to understand that I was speaking the truth.
I was mostly excited about it because Adrien had told me that on the day my ankle was completely healed, he'd take me out on a date! And, since Adrien was as rich and famous as me, my parents were more than happy to welcome him as my boyfriend. This was also good news for Mikey, because him and Marinette would be able to get together since Mother and Father wouldn't be so concerned with making more money.
Adrien told me that he'd be back after he changed, allowing me to shower and change myself. I was so utterly excited, it seemed like a dream come true. I FaceTimed Marinette to get her help on what to wear. After all, she knew all about fashion. So she helped me to choose and nice, yet casual outfit.

 So she helped me to choose and nice, yet casual outfit

It was cute, flirty, casual yet fancy. Everything about it was most definitely perfect. I thanked Marinette as I hung up and got changed, just in time to hear the doorbell ring. Although, at this point, he may as well just walk right in. Everyone in my house adores him! It's great and all but they steal him from me, and that's annoying for sure. Anyways, I go downstairs, open the door, and let him in. He seemed absolutely stunned by my appearance, which I was quite glad of. "Like what you see, Kitty?" I asked with a wink. He chuckled and nodded as he held out his arm for me. "Ready, M'lady?" "Ready as ever."
He took me to a very simple, yet amazing restaurant first. It was one of those hole-in-the-wall places, and those kinds of places were my favorite. Then he took me to Andre's, where we got the couple's ice cream. It made me blush deeply, maybe because the ice cream sort of made us official. But I couldn't complain; Adrien was one of the best things that ever happened to me.
The date was as sweet as I could imagine, but it didn't end as positively. An akuma attack happened right towards the end as we were supposed to be walking home. "Dammit.." I muttered to myself. "Welp, I suppose we ought to transform then." Adrien said as the both of us transformed in front of each other.
It didn't take long to reach the site of the attack. But something felt...off. Something was different, I could feel it in the pit of my stomach. Something told me tonight wasn't going to end well. "Hey, Uh—" I was about to mention it to Ladybug, but a javelin whizzed past my head. "Surrender, Phoenix!" The victim yelled at me, throwing more javelins my way. "Never!" I replied, avoiding them as best I could.
This criminal did not attack Ladybug. This criminal did not bother with Chat. This criminal went straight for me, wreaking havoc along the way, which Chat and Ladybug found themselves occupied with. "Why are you targeting me?" I ask, backing up. "What did I do?" "You're a real bitch. Stealing Chat away from me, distracting me from winning the Olympics, how DARE you!" She replies, growling at me. I found myself cornered, there was no way I'd be able to escape, not now. And it was within seconds that I felt something pierce my skin—I think I screamed but it was hard to tell. It was odd; it hurt like hell, but at the same time it was numb. As my vision became dotted and blurry, I realized that Chat and Ladybug had appeared at my side. "Phoenix—Phoenix stay awake, keep your eyes open, don't go to sleep!" A voice that sounded far away told me. But sleep felt like a good idea right now...I was already falling into it...my eyes rolling back into my head...I heard crying before my eyes simply closed.