Chapter 17

Lloyd's POV

Darkness. That was all I saw. Darkness stretching for miles, some of it tinted red, blue, green, and yellow, some tinted a sickly green, some tinted white and black, and some tinted a gold and purple. I shuddered, and a small light appeared in my hand, along with a note, which I gladly read.

" 'Choose the road you wish to see, and find the answers locked in the past.' " I read out loud. " 'But be careful; the truth can be dangerous. Some truths may have never been meant to be uncovered in the first place. Will you stay behind and wake up? Or will you seek the secrets that were locked away for a reason?' " I gulped, looking back at the gold road behind me, which had just formed, and then back to the four roads. I read more of the writing from the note.

" 'Sometimes, we dream and we don't wake to reality right away, for that dream is a new beginning' " It quoted. I sighed. What should I do? Wake up and save myself? Or should I take a road trip to the past?

I smile and walk down the black-and-white colored one, thinking this was the road of the Serpentine War.

Little did I know I was so wrong.

Lance's POV

I snuck up behind the guy's camp, watching as he was swinging his katana at a makeshift carving, and gasped as he lit his sword ablaze with his hand.

"Stupid Sensei Wu!" He shouted, slashing at the tree trunk. "Like he knows anything! To say I'm not the Chosen One! I am the Green Ninja, haven't you seen my fire ablaze? You fail to give me my rightful title! Just wait, Lord Garmadon, and soon you shall be banished back to the deaths pit you came from! By me! Ahahahaha!" I rolled my eyes as he tore apart the tree, leaving nothing but charred wood and ashes. Sneaking a glance at Clay- I mean, Lloyd (man, is it hard to believe he and Lloyd are the same person!), and I paled at how he wouldn't wake up. Usually he isn't like this.

Darting behind the man, I snuck over to proceed to untie Clay—Lloyd's—bonds, only for someone to grab me.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" The man laughed, and I gulped.

Oh, crap.

Lloyd's POV

I walked down the road, fog sneaking around my ankles, when I saw a figure emerge from the mist, multiple actually.

"There once was only one realm," A voice started out of nowhere, making me jump. "The very first, called the realm of Oni and Dragon. The dragon had the power to create, and the Oni had the power to destroy. Such conflict led to a division in the peaceful realm, which erupted into racism, then dispute, then apartheid, and soon. . . An eternal war." The figures then split into two sides, scrambling, devouring, and attacking the other sides without mercy. I gasped at the hazy blood that fell from each collapsing body, each death.

"This—this isn't just a war!" I cried out loud. "This is genocide!"

"You are correct." The voice said. "For each side believed in one thing only; destroying the other. Until one day, when an Oni and a dragon fell in love: Princess Lilitu and Prince Xiao." I watched as the warring creatures disappeared one by one, until only the two opposites were left as they began to swirl around each other, and a third figure emerged from the circle.

"Soon, they had a child of two worlds, one who hated genocide and sought equality instead. And thanks to his double-heritage, he could mix and withstand both of the powers of Oni and Dragon to create. . . The balance. A power that showed everyone was equal, no matter if they were different or not."

I watched in awe as the boy took a ball of darkness and a ball of light, then mixed the two, creating the Yin Yang symbol. But why did it look so familiar?

"But the two royals did not love this child, for they only saw him as a weapon to win their war." The voice continued, oblivious to my confusion. "They fought over which side the child should choose, and in spite, the child abandoned their world! To create a new one." I watched as the figure disappeared from the circle and reappeared in a new world, wielding four golden weapons and spinning in a tornado—

Then it hit me right in the face.

"It-It's the First Spinjitzu Master!" I shouted. "And those are the four Golden Weapons the ninja use! And that's spinjitzu! He created Ninjago, and that's why it looks like a Yin Yang symbol, except without the Yin half!" Just then, the First Spinjitzu Master turned to me and nodded.

"Correct." He said, making me jump. "I am thankful you chose to see this all. But it may have been too soon. . ."

"What's too soon?" I asked, starting to get scared. "What do you mean? What's going on!?" He sighed and gestured to a gold road that had formed to the side.

"You must go!" He shouted. "A boy who used to hate you has come to help, but he has been caught! His life is in danger! Hurry!" I nodded and ran down the golden path, but stopped when the First Spinjitzu Master called my name.

"Lloyd! Listen to me!" He shouted. "My name is Avaiki Kazuki Hanako! But never look up your history! You are more than you think and you are not ready!" I nodded and ran down the path again, gaining back lost time. Soon, the world turned white. . .

And I woke up to see Kai about to stab Lance.

I nearly screamed in fear, when a new anger rose in my chest, like a new power, and I grasped at it, breaking free of my bonds and lunging at Kai.

"NOOOO!!!"