Unexpected News

The view of the ground met me first thing I stepped into my office, Lee Enterprises, on a normal Monday morning. Waking up half an hour late had its tolls.

"Omo. I'm so sorry Donghyuck-hyung. I was in a hurry. Jaemin hyung wanted this coffee and has been waiting since forever.", panicked Jeno, one of my  co-workers.

I looked over at Jaemin who looked like a walking zombie. No wonder.

"It's okay Jeno. But next time you bump into me I will make sure that your head has a bump too.", I replied.

Jeno and Jaemin were so dedicated and loving to each other that it made my heart yearn for someone to take care of me like that. Sigh. I don't think it's happening any time soon with my luck.

SHIT. I forgot I am late. I rushed over to my cabin only to find heaps of work ready. There was a small sticky note from my boss Mr.Lee with 'Next time don't be late' and a smiley on the to-do-list.

(two hours later)

"Donghyuck, please report to my office immediately.", came the voice of Mr.Lee, his sixty year old boss, from the phone.

"Sure, Sir. I'll be right there in a minute.", replied Donghyuck and proceeded to his boss's office.

What is the sudden change in his schedule? He has a meeting only after an hour. I wouldn't have minded it if it weren't for the fact that he was interrupting my free time.

"Ah, yes you are here Donghyuck-ah. I unfortunately have some bad news. I am retiring, dear. Today is my last day as CEO of Lee Enterprises. My son will be taking over from tomorrow. I wanted to see my best ever secretary before I leave.", Mr. Lee said smiling sadly.

My face was filled with shock and there were tears developing in my eyes.

"But Sir, you are only sixty and I am really really fond of you. You are the sole reason that I am not on the streets. I can't imagine working here without you. I.......", my voice trailed away. I was beyond shocked.

Dear God, why do you have to make up so many reasons for me to stay sad? Have I done something wrong in my previous birth? Why can't I just be happy for once?

"Don't worry Donghyuck. My son is very much capable of handling things just like me and I am sure he will take care of you well. Honestly speaking, he is a bit hard to handle. But I know you can handle him Donghyuck. I wish you all the best in your coming endeavours. By the way, take the day off. I need to leave for a sudden meeting and I will be in Japan. Take care of yourself.", he said.

"Ne, hyung. Bye."

And with a last smile Mr.Lee was out the door. 

"I will miss him", Donghyuck thought to himself. Anyways, I just got a day off. Yayyy. Time to chill and binge watch anime and K dramas.

Donghyuck quickly left the office, started his beat up Toyota and drove to reach the comforts of his tiny home.