Chapter 5

I enter the train and find an empty compartment. That has to be the most I’ve heard Rogue talk. I smile myself because of that achievement. He seems really nice; it’ll be awesome to get to know him better. I sit next the window and let myself doze off.

“You’re so fucking weak!”

“Whore!”

“Defenseless!”

I watch in terror as all of the Fairy Tail members scream insults at me. I cover my ears and close my eyes tightly.

“Juvia thinks love rival is weak.”

“Natsu!” Erza yells which causes me to look at her. “How could you invite such a  weak person to the guild!?”

“I’m sorry!” He yells in fear before turning towards me, “Lucy I’m kicking you out of the team.” He smiles and I gasp in shock.

“No.” I glare and stand up.

“I’m sorry Lucy but-“

“NO! This isn’t real! Natsu is all about Nakama! He would never be so cruel!” I walk towards him until we’re only inches apart. Before I can say anything more, all air leaves my lungs and I struggle to breathe. Tears descend my eyes and I fall onto the floor. The room starts to swirl and I black out.

I gasp awake and feel my face. Tears sprinkle themselves down, but I quickly wipe them away. I look out the window and notice that I’m almost back in Magnolia. A smile plasters itself on my face as I think of going back home, but it quickly disappears when I think of the dream once again. I shake it from my thoughts immediately.

I trudge off the train and make my way to the guild to report in. Luckily I didn’t have to stay in an inn or motel this time. I hate sleeping in foreign beds. I finally reach the guild after 15 minutes and open the doors.

“Lucy!” Before I could see who said my name, I find myself on the floor with a body hovering over me. “Why’d you go on a mission without us? I thought we were team.” The Salamander pouts.

“Natsu you were gone and my rent is due soon.”  I explain and he sits up. We’re now just both sitting on the floor.

“What mission did you go on anyway?” He asks and I take a neatly folded paper from my back pocket and hand it to him. He reads over it and scrunches up his face in confusion. “Why’d it pay so much?”

“Apparently there was supposed to be a robbery or attack, but we had to find that out by ourselves.” I explain to him how the two other mages were Rogue and my old friend. Explain how she betrays us and tries to kill us, but her stupidity stops her.

“If she’s a part of a guild then why was she still claiming to be a pirate?” Levy asks and I notice that I have the whole guilds attention.

“I believe that she was using the guild so she could rob people. It made it more convenient and easy.” I say and she nods at my answer. Before I could say anything, Natsu captures me in a bone crushing hug.

“We’re a team Lucy, don’t go on missions without me ok?” He looks at me straight in the eyes.

“Ok.” I agree and push him off me. He pouts and I stand up and go to Mira. She gives me a weird look before smiling.

“So your mission went well.” She giggles and I furrow my brows.

“Yeah.” I respond slowly.

“So Rogue-“

“No no no no no!” I shout, “No more match making.” I demand her and she laughs.

“Aww, but Lucy!” She whines.

“No means no.” I stick my tongue out at her and cross my arms. I notice Cana wave me over and I go sit by her.

“The cards are showing me a dragon.” She smirks at me.

“Ok? What do I have to do with that?”

“It’s your love life!” Cana gushes, “Meaning you have a dragon slayer in your life!” Cana then looks over to Natsu before giving me a knowing look.  I blush slightly, remembering the time Mira accused Natsu of liking me.

“No way am I going through that again!” I yell, while rushing out of the guild.

Why is everyone so crazy about love! Of course I want it someday, but I honestly can’t see myself with Natsu or Rogue. Natsu’s too dense and Rogue is too mysterious. But, it would be interesting to learn more about him, but for curiosity of course. Before I know it, I’m in front of my apartment. A smile graces my face, as I unlock the door.

I nearly scream when I see a person rummaging through my kitchen. “What the hell!” I shriek, “Lucy Kick!”

The guy grunts and quickly looks at me angrily. “Watch it blonde!” Sting growls.

“I’m pretty sure this is my house and I can do anything I want in it.” I cross my arms and glare at him. “What are you doing here anyway? I thought you went home.”

Sting grabs sandwich supplies and closes the fridge. He begins making himself a turkey sandwich. “Nah  I decided to stay and wait for Salamander.” He explains as he adds exactly 4 and a half pieces of turkey onto his sandwich.

“Ok, so why are you here?” I question.

“I had to stay somewhere.” He shrugs and I punch the top of his head.

“OW! What the hell blondie!?” He yells.

“YOU CAN’T JUST STAY IN MY HOUSE WITHOUT MY CONSENT!” I shriek.

He yet again shrugs and starts to eat his sandwich. I feel my eyes twitch as he eats the sandwich with my groceries that I paid for with my money.

“Out.” I growl.

“No.” He smirks at me.

“Out. Now.” I deepen my glare and he laughs, which pisses me off.

“Aww blondie thinks she’s threatening.” He Coos. I turn deep red when I realize that he’s hovering over me. I can practically feel his breathe tease my skin.

“W-What are you doing!?” I shriek in shock.

“You’re cute I’m surprised pinky didn’t take you already.”

“E-excuse me!? I’m not an object!” I huff and attempt to push him off me, but he doesn’t budge. For a few minutes we just stare at each other, while a blush slowly creeps up his face.

“Well I’m gonna head out now, thanks for letting me stay.” He gets off me and walks out the door. I stand still completely dumbstruck for about ten minutes.

“Weirdo.” I huff and clean up the mess he made in the kitchen. “Good for nothing bastard couldn’t even clean the mess he made.” I mumble, while wiping the counter top. A small yawn escapes my lips and I notice that it’s eight thirty. Wow already? I left for the guild at nine this morning and went to the train station around ten. It took an hour to get there and I stayed there for about five hours. Then the train ride back was an hour and I spent around thirty minutes at the guild.

I shrug and trudge into my room, where I kick off my boots and lie in bed. I’ll take a shower in the morning. My thoughts suddenly turn towards Sting. Is he the dragon slayer Cana was talking about? No. He’s too much of a perv. I shudder. But, maybe he has a sweet side to him?......Haha! Of course not. He’s the ‘Great’ Sting Eucliffe of the Dragon Slayer Duo. One of the biggest players on the planet. Certain members of Blue Pegasus can’t even rival him.  Ew. I really don’t want him in my future then. And with those thoughts, I finally fall asleep.