• 6 •

Chapter 6
Urgency

"We're going on a trip!" Bonnie jumped up in the air, gathering her items in the tent she shared with Serena.

Serena waited outside, preparing to take the tent down once she was done.

"I don't like this," Serena said as she stared at the ground. The grass beneath her twitched.

"I don't either," Ash replied. He was looking up at the sky, Pikachu on his shoulder. He studied the clouds. "But we can't do much else."

"I can't help but hear that and think that there is something else to do... what about a daycare? What about— we could ask Diantha if she knows anyone who can take care of her!"

Ash looked back at Serena, the pink tent behind the both of them continuing to stir with Bonnie singing something inside. "Diantha said we can't make any stops along the way," he told her bluntly.

"Why can't we?"

"I don't know. It's urgent, I guess. It's far away."

"What if there's something along the way?"

"You'd have to ask her that. I'm sure she'd be fine with it anyway. She wasn't planning for Bonnie to come with." Ash began to walk away. "I need to go pack the rest of my stuff. Just like my water bottle and things... See ya!" he waved.

Serena sighed. She was gonna have to start counting how many times she has sighed soon. This was all becoming a little too stressful for her.

Bonnie popped out from the tent with her yellow bag and turned over toward Serena, cheeks tinted pink. "I'm ready!"

Breathing in and fixing her shoulders, Serena faced her best friend. "You're certain?"

"Yep!"

• ~ • ~ •

"No— we can't possibly do that, but... Clemont, you need to understand that—"

"I know perfectly well, Diantha," Clemont nearly shouted. "Ash told me this was urgent, correct?"

Serena looked at the still dirt beneath her.

"Yes," Diantha straightened out her back, "very much so... but I don't want Bonnie to be hurt, you know that."

"I know. But if this requires immediate help there is nothing we can do, can we?"

Bonnie, standing beside her brother, looked away with Serena. She began to feel uneasy.

"Perhaps there's a place along the way where she may stay," The Pokémon Champion tried her best to smile.

"Is that possible?"

"If we can find anything, yes, there may be a person I know along the way, but we must head out now... and I mean now."

"Of course," Clemont nodded in thanks, his sister not speaking a single word as expected.

"Thank you," Ash joined in.

"There's no need to thank me yet, we have go. We don't have enough flying type Pokémon currently, so we're gonna have to walk pretty fast— unless, Ash?" Diantha turned to Ash.

"I'm sorry, but no. Noivern is the only Pokémon I have currently that'd be able to help."

"Alright then," she sighed, "let's get going." She turned her back to them and began to walk. "Hope you guys packed your coats."

Clemont nodded and began to follow. "Have them all with me."

"Good. Don't fall behind."