4. Waiting here for someone

H I S | pov

If the butterflies that I was feeling inside my stomach could escape because I was way too stressed, then they would fly freely right now. I was wearing the same suit I wore to the wedding of Greg, except for the tie, that one was new.

Camera's were documenting the wait I had to sit out at the city Hall. Unknown faces were staring at me. They made me wonder what the hell I was thinking when I signed myself up for this.

I looked at my mom, she was crying, again. 'My baby, he is going to get married today. My kids, they are getting so big. First Greg and now it's his turn.' My dad had mixed feelings about all this. He was happy for me but he was unsure about the whole TV show thing. In his opinion this was something you did when you were super desperate or an attention whore.

A woman walked into the city Hall, she sat down at the side that was meant for the family of the bride. 'A-are you her mom?' I stammered. My nervousness took over my whole body. Oh come on Niall, you are a freaking rockstar. You know how to talk to people right? At concerts I never had any problems with speaking to people face to face. But this was something else. I couldn't control my thoughts, I started to freak out. I know that I was searching for a lame excuse for my nervous bleating but still...

The pretty woman nodded. 'Err, what's her name, if I may ask?' You can call me curious but I needed to know. 'Evaline.'
'Evaline. That's a beautiful name, I must say.' I complimented her.

I was still waiting but at least now I knew her name and that made the wait a bit more bearable. Evaline, her name tasted sweet on my tongue. It definitely was a name for a princess. I don't know who she is but fantasies about who she could be kept crossing my mind.

Suddenly a melody starts to play and I recognize the song as one I haven't heard for a while. Did she choose this? Did she knew who I was or was it all a coincidence?

I figured it out
I figured it out from black and white
Seconds and hours
Maybe they had to take some time

My voice boomed through the room. At first I was a bit startled but that feeling faded as soon as I saw her arm in arm with a boy that seemed to be her brother or a very good friend. I didn't know. She was absolutely gorgeous.

H E R | pov

'Sweet, little sis, don't you worry. Remember, this is what you wanted.' Dean said while he tied his tie. Dean looked fantastic in his suit. Am I allowed to say such things about my brother? Yes, I am.

My mom almost starts to cry when I walk to towards her in my dress. 'You look fabulous.' Dean whispered in my ear. He is such a proud brother.

I couldn't care less about the camera's. This was my time to shine. I decided not to let this opportunity slip away. That reminded me of something my gran always used to say. ' We accept the love, we think we deserve.'
And I deserved this, I deserved happiness and love and everything else this experience had to offer.

"Let's go to the city Hall. Your Romeo is waiting for you.' My mom ran downstairs. A bit wobbly on her high heels. I looked at my own feet and I was glad that I chose to wear white sneakers. I wasn't planning on breaking my neck on my wedding day. Also, I don't think he would mind my new bought pair of white sneakers. At least, that's what he told me in the video. I took it as a hint.

I got into the car and the nervousness started to kick in. My heart skipped mutiple times. I am happy that Dean is with me when I walk down the city Hall.

Now I was waiting in front of the closed door, seconds away from my future husband. I was shaking like a leaf. I looked from my dress to my brother and back. 'What if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks I am ugly? ' I asked Dean quickly.