18. What Lovers Do

Moonbyul sighed, watching Namjoon silently sleeping on one of the chairs, with his long legs resting on the coffee table, while she lay on the bed.

They had checked into a local hotel once Namjoon had a word with Jimin. Jimin had clearly instructed them to stay put in Busan. Busan was Jimin's stronghold. He arranged for them to stay at a hotel and told them that the heat was high on all checkpoints. So, they had to stay the night. Next morning, before the sun rose, they were to head to the airport and grab any flight without telling anyone. He would meet them at the airport with security.

Their arrival at Seoul was carefully coordinated with the arrival of a local boy band. The frenzy and rush would be high, thus it would be easier to slip through the crowds of fans and reporters.

Moonbyul sighed.

She had learnt every word Joon had said to her by heart. She wanted to be sure that she remembered everything, so that she could get home.

Home.

The word that echoed in her head had begun to make a different sense of meaning. It wasn't just going back to their quiet suburban house with her dad in it, buried underneath all his old transcripts and dusty papers

'Home' had a very different meaning to her now.

Namjoon shifted in his sleep, making Moon get up from the bed. She walked over to him and tilted her head, examining his calm face.

"What?" Namjoon's voice was deep yet subtle. There was a loving tone to his word that made Moon blush.

"Nothing," she backed away a few steps but he caught her wrist, "Something," he finally opened his eyes, "Otherwise you wouldn't hover."

"Nothing," she looked away, hiding her blush, "I was gonna tell you to go sleep on the bed."

Namjoon smirked.

"So, you want me to join you in bed?"

Moonbyul pulled her wrist out of his grasp, stumbling backwards, "No!"

"Oye! You'll-"

In a swift moment, Namjoon got up from his chair, and caught Moonbyul by her waist, just as she stumbled back and fell.

Moonbyul shut her eyes, bracing for impact, but she fell on the soft duvet, and Namjoon fell on top, with a loud 'oof' escaping his lips.

"Well," Namjoon grinned, "The way our bodies end up on top of each other, it's like they want us to be 'together'."

Moonbyul pushed him off of her, "You talk too much."

"Maybe your lips could shut me up."

"Eww..." she scrounged her nose at his disgusting cheesiness.

He heaved a heavy sigh and so did she.

"So, are we going to talk about it or not?"

Namjoon's voice shook her out her staring contest with the ceiling. Moonbyul squirmed a bit in her place, then put her hands over her stomach, knotting them, "What did it mean?"

"I.."

Namjoon felt himself at a loss of words. He knew that he had feelings for her. It wasn't childish liking or a subtle infatuation. He had some very deep seeded and serious conflicts in his heart and mind regarding Moonbyul.

He wasn't sure what this feeling was for certain. But it was definitely something very serious.

So serious, that when he saw her talking to that Jongin, his blood boiled. It was serious enough for him to bring him on the edge when he noticed her giggling with Jimin.