30- The Pain that Consumes Us

"Why does everyone keep trying to put this blanket on me?"

Moonbyul kicked the blanket away, as she hoisted herself up, supported by the edge of the couch.

"Because you're in shock," Nayong replied, as she stood by the door of her room, holding two cups in her hand.

Moonbyul scrunched her nose, "That doesn't mean I need a blanket," she straightened up even further, as Nayong handed her the steaming cup of coffee, "I need booze."

"I know that," Nayong smirked, "That's why I got you winter coffee."

Moonbyul sniffed the coffee, smiling dryly, "Please tell me.."

"Jack Daniels with your favourite hazelnut coffee," Nayong sat down next to Moonbyul, closing up to her side. Moonbyul quickly took a sip of her coffee, letting the hot liquid swish in her mouth. The bittersweet taste of the beverage gave her a sort of comfort, the type that nothing else, not even her most desired things, could give her.

As her insides warmed up, Nayong broke the momentary silence between them, "You have to get out of this room, Moon."

The warmth inside her died.

"I am not ready, to be honest," Moonbyul replied, "I cannot face anyone."

"Why?"

"Because I did this," Moonbyul's voice choked up. She inhaled a deep breath before exhaling it and keeping the cup away, "I did this."

"Moon..." Nayong quickly kept the cup away, pulling her best friend into a hug, "You are not to blame for this mess. This is the culmination of a war that started long before we were even born. You could never have even imagined our lives would end up in this place."

"No..." Moon sobbed, "Whatever our parents did...was their past. But I could have changed the things with Soyung. I could have let her live. But instead, I killed Young Mi and to defend me, Jungkook killed the love of his life."

Before Nayong could say another word of comfort, Moonbyul buried her head into her shoulder, "I killed a person!"

Nayong hugged Moonbyul tightly, as her eyes travelled to the door, where Yoongi stood with a sombre expression.

"Nayong, I am a murderer."

------------

"She is not okay," Jimin said as he walked back into the living room of their small countryside property- one of the many emergency spots for the family to live incase something happened to their estate. The rest of the members sat there as well, except Yoongi and Jungkook.

Jimin ran his fingers through his hair, as his black blazer tugged a bit, revealing his bruised porcelain skin.

"And Jungkook?" Hoseok asked.

"In his room, exhausted," Jimin responded.

Taehyung turned to look at Jimin, worry clouding his entire face.

"Exhausted? That's not okay..." Jin mumbled, before looking at Namjoon, whose eyes were set in a distance.

Namjoon's head was recalling the entire day. Having recovered the bodies of Jinyi, Jaejoong and the rest of their men, Namjoon had ordered his men to burn the compound down, and not leave a trace. With Eunhyuk's help, he had covered up the fire and made sure none of the bodies of their enemies was found. He had to hold a meeting with his highest officials to announce the death of Jinyi. The entire Bangtan clan was in a frenzy. With their leader dead, and the inner circle incapacitated, it was only a matter of time before one of the other families made a move for power and try and take them out.