32. If Not Now, When?

"I won't let you die."

Moonbyul carefully cleaned the wound, which continued bleeding, much to her annoyance.

"I don't think that's how it works," Namjoon chuckled before wincing in pain, "It's just a scratch."

The latter shot him an annoyed look, before turning her attention to apply gauze over the gash on the gang leader's abdomen, but with a little more pressure than usual, "Zip it."

Namjoon winced in pain again, before glaring at her briefly. However, looking at her concentrated face, his gaze softened.

Once done with the bandaging, Moonbyul let her arms drop. Namjoon lay on the sofa of her living room, breathing heavily. She watched him carefully, as he laid back, wincing in pain once in a while, "You did good..."

She was watching his wound and the clean tan skin around it. Though not that deep, the rough gash was definitely going to leave a scar.

Not that it mattered to Namjoon, because for him this was just another battle scar.

Or so she assumed.

"How did this happen?"

"I got jumped," Namjoon replied.

Moonbyul gave him her typical, 'Are you kidding me?' look before scoffing and looking away.

"What?" Namjoon asked, almost offended, "You think I cannot get jumped by a thief?"

"No," she replied simply, before getting up and walking towards the kitchen to dispose of the bloody bandages, "One of the most feared gangster's of South East Asia does not," she glanced at him, "Get 'jumped' by random thugs on the street."

Namjoon went quiet, as Moonbyul rummaged through her kitchen, "All the men on the street are probably yours too."

"That's a speculative presumption, Moon," Namjoon chuckled, "Bangtan's big. But other meeleey gangs crawl the street of Seoul too."

"Have you informed anyone yet?" she called out from the kitchen, ignoring his last sentence.

"I dropped my phone," Namjoon replied.

Moonbyul walked out with a glass of water and some painkillers, then handed it to him, "I'll call them."

"Y-You don't have to," he replied as Moon fished her phone out of her pocket, "I'll just rest for tonight and leave in the morning."

"Shut up, Joon," Moon said curtly, slightly pissed now.

"Yes, ma'am," Namjoon looked down, a bit impressed, and a little bit scared.

As she walked away to speak on the phone to one of the guys, Namjoon's eyes landed on the coffee table. The first aid box lay there, still open, next to her handbag and a black Glock.

He narrowed his eyes at the gun, and his jaw tightened. A million questions sprung up in his mind.

Though he understood why Moonbyul would have a gun on her, he also understood very well that she didn't require it. Considering her life was a normal one after she had left, and she was never threatened by anyone for he made sure of that. He kept a strict eye on Moonbyul, while keeping his distance. Even when she was out of the country, he made sure she was safe.

Namjoon never spared a resource to protect her.

So, why would she need a gun?

"They're on their way," she walked back inside a few minutes later.

Moonbyul sat down on the chair she had placed next to the sofa and then sighed, the silence eating on them slowly. She looked everywhere in the room, but at him.