Chapter XX

Haneul's P.O.V.

I want to fight back. Really, I want to. But, I can't, I just don't know why.

"I want you to count how many times I hit you with whatever tool I use. Say it loudly! If you don't, I'll let you strip naked on the rooftop of this building and whip you there. Is that understood?" Then, he whipped me but I did not speak.

"..."

"Answer me, dammit!" He hit me again but this time, harder.

"TWO!" It hurts so much... I... I have no choice but to obey him, even if it's against my will.

"THREE!"

"FOUR"

No, no, no. Why are these things appearing in my mind right now? The whole torturing scene was replaying in my mind over and over again as the man kept on punching me. I... I don't want to get hurt like that again. I need to fight back.

"Listen bitch, if I tell you to go, then go. Don't you dare disobey me ever again." And with that, he slapped me hard on my face, making me fall on the ground. He was about to leave but no, I won't let him.

'Fight, Haneul. Even if your body hurts so much right now, fight. Fight with all your might.'

I forced myself to stand up and gathered all the strength I have left. I grabbed his shoulders and made him turn to me. I punched him on the guts, just like what he did to me a while ago. I kept hitting him there but the strength was slowly leaving my body so I have to land one last blow on him. I karate chopped his neck and he immediately got knocked out. I was also about to collapse but I have to drag him outside. I have no time to pull out his mask. I have to hurry before I completely lose my conciousness. I went outside and dragged him to the back of my apartment. I sloppily walked back inside and luckily, I got there on time. I immediately fell on the ground with my back against the door. Then, the last thing I saw was darkness.

"--neul! Haneul! Dear, wake up. Haneul-ah."

I slowly opened my eyes, letting myself adjust to the light. I looked around and saw the headmaster, I mean, my father sitting on the foot of my bed.

"F-father?"

"Haneul-ah, thank goodness you're already awake. I was so worried, you know." He hugged me tight and I immediately felt the pain on my abdomen.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch. F-f-father... let go." I winced in pain and held my stomach. Curses, it really hurts.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Who did this to you? I'll make sure to make them pay."

"It was a man wearing an all black outfit with a black mask that covers his face. I knocked him out but I wasn't able to take off his mask as I was about to faint at that time." I said, clenching my fists in anger. If only I fought back earlier than I did, I would have been able to take off that stupid mask.

Father held my hands with his warm ones, making me feel calm. I unclenched it and I teared up, remembering how scared I was when the mysterious man was here. "Father, I was so scared. I... I thought that after all the training I did, I would be able to defend myself and fight. But... I was still so weak. I'm an idiot. I'm so useless. I should've di--"

"Haneul-ah. This is still the beginning, okay? You've got a lot of things ahead of you. You're not weak, dear. You fought back and defended yourself, that's all that matters. You don't have to be so hard on yourself." He said as he flashed me a reassuring smile. Father really knows what to say at times like this. He knows how to comfort me and make me feel that I matter.

"Thank you, father. Considering how stupid, dramatic and sensitive I am, I would have self-destructed if you weren't here by my side. You really are the best father." Despite the pain in my abdomen, I tried my best to ignore it and hugged him.

"I'll always be by your side, dear." He hugged back and caressed my head.

"By the way father, how did you get inside?" I pulled out from the hug and asked.

"I came here because I wanted to go with you at the mall and you know, have our bonding time. I knocked on your door and rang the doorbell for a lot of times but you weren't answering. I forgot the spare key that you gave me, so I couldn't open the door. Then, I saw that your window was open, so I kind of just went there and saw you on the floor. Goodness gracious, Haneul. You don't know how worried I was when I saw you there." He explained as he massaged his temples.

"Hehe, thank you for always taking care of me, father."

"I wouldn't be able to call myself your father if I don't take care of you. If you need any help, just come to me and I'll help you with all my might." He stated, making me smile.

"Alright."
______________________________________________

20th chapter~ 박수!!! 👏👏👏 I suck at making author notes so, yeah HAHAHAHA.

-Panda's Coolest Potato-