Please Stay....

Description: The one where Harry and Zayn try to cope with Zayn's departure from the band.

-------------

Harry sat on the edge of the bed with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. He didn't exactly know what to think when Zayn had texted him and told him to come to his room. He definitely did not expect this.

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Harry barely let out in a whisper, his bottom lip trembling, heart aching.

He looked up at the ceiling and took a deep breath, he needed to hold it together.

Zayn sat up against the headboard and watched Harry sadly. It broke his heart to have to tell him this way.

"Huh...?" Zayn asked, not hearing Harry correctly. Harry, bouncing his right leg in anger, had shot up from the bed and began pacing back and forth.

He had tried his hardest not to be angry with Zayn. They had been through this before, Zayn would call Harry up to his hotel room and they would sit and talk for hours, almost until the crack of dawn.

Zayn would often complain to Harry, sometimes cry, about how he didn't want to do this anymore. He wasn't happy, this wasn't the music that he wanted to make, and he was tired of being controlled.

But no matter how many times Zayn wanted to leave, he had Harry to calm him and talk him out of it. Not this time, though. Zayn had made up his mind.

He had to go.

The sight of Harry, pacing back and forth, hands gripping his long, curly locks, was almost enough for Zayn to change his mind.

"Zayn, why?! Why do we always have to go through this?! You can't leave us, you can't leave me! Management won't allow-"

"I've already told management. They're getting the paperwork..." Zayn avoided Harry's gaze. He couldn't stand to see Harry's face when he told him that.

"T-They...... What...?" Harry had stopped pacing. He was at a loss for words.

When Zayn looked up at Harry, tears had welled up in his eyes at the sight. Harry looked completely and utterly shattered.

Harry couldn't believe that Zayn would go to management, would make a decision without coming to him first. He always came to Harry first.

The realization of how serious Zayn is had finally just hit Harry and he collapsed onto the bed.

"Tomorrow's concert is my last..." Zayn looked away again, licking his lips and sniffling. When Harry didn't reply, Zayn inched forward, trying to touch Harry's shoulder.

"Babe...." Harry jerked his shoulder away from Zayn and stood up, whipping around to look at him with angry tears in his eyes.

"Do not touch me." Harry said sternly.

"You know what Zayn?! I can't believe how selfish you are! I can't believe you would go to management about this and not come to us! Not come to me!! What about the other lads?! How's Liam going to take this?!" Harry fumed at Zayn, who just kept his head down.

"They already know..." Zayn whispered.

Harry was taken aback. Like, he literally took a step back and looked down at Zayn in disbelief. To say he was hurt was an understatement.

"You told them too..? So I'm the last person to find out about this?!?! Why?!" Harry screeched.

"Because I didn't want to hurt you!" Zayn had raised his voice slightly, looking up at Harry with pleading eyes.