The Worst Part 1

Description: Their hatred for one another ran deeper than they thought..

——————————————

Zayn has about six worst moments of his life.

The first worst moment of Zayn's life was when he had found out that his mother and father were getting a divorce. His parents didn't even ease the news onto him.

He had just returned home from school. He knew that 9th grade was not a full time job but it sure did feel like it. He was more than ready to kick off his shoes and have whatever hot meal his mother had prepared for lunch. Unfortunately, he was not greeted by a hot meal.

His mother and father had been discussing something apparently rather important. Zayn felt as though he could barely breathe with how thick the tension was. Their hushed argument came to a halt as Zayn cleared his throat, making his presence known. They both turned to meet his gaze, his mother's eyes the size of saucers and his father's expression blank.

"Um.. is everything alright?" Zayn questioned, the curious tone of voice matching the expression painted across his face. His mother's expression softened as she sighed, gesturing to the chair next to her.

"Come, Zaynie, we need to have a talk..." She deadpanned. Zayn trudged over to the chair and slumped into it. He could tell by his mother's tone and by the tension in the room that this was not going to be good.

Was he in trouble? Had they found out that he had recently discovered porn? Maybe they went through his phone when he wasn't looking? Or his mother found his underwear with the crotch stained white that he had tried so desperately to bury at the bottom of his laundry?

'Deep breaths...' Zayn thinks. 'Just cry and beg for forgiveness....'

"Am I in trouble..?" He asks nervously. His gaze never leaves the table, however, too afraid to look at either one of his parent's disappointed expressions.

"No, no. You've done nothing wrong, we just have something to tell you, is all..." His mother smiles weakly and places a hand gently on his shoulder, an act of comfort.

When Zayn looks up, his mother's gaze shifts from him to his father and back to him. Zayn looks between both of his parents before his eyes land on his dad's face, which supports an annoyed look.

"Quick dragging it out already and just tell em, will ya?" His father huffs out. She shoots him a glare as if to say 'Shut up'. He just rolls his eyes and looks away. Her eyes go back to Zayn and soften.

"Honey, theres no easy way to tell you this, but... your father and I have... well..." His mother's eyes well up with tears and Zayn can already tell what's happening.

"For God's sake, we're getting a divorce!" His father exclaims. Zayn physically flinches, not from the volume of his father's voice, but from the force of the punch to the gut that little bit of information just gave him.

Zayn sits for a minute or two... or five... or ten... who's counting? Definitely not him. His mind is too busy racing. Why are they getting a divorce? Was it him? Was it the porn? His mother cups his cheek, her chocolate irises holding pure concern for her son.

"Zaynie, say something.." She tries to coax a response from her boy. Zayn swallows and finally meets his mother's gaze.

"B-But why...? Aren't you happy..?" He questions, feeling the tears well up in his eyes. His mother quickly embraces her son, wrapping him up in a tight hug.