veintitres.

"are you sure?"

"i don't know. but im honestly really fucking scared. what the hell is going on?"

"we'll talk about it in the attic, c'mon."

"josh, i don't have an attic."

"yeah you do."

josh went down the hall and turned to the left to see a door, leading to the attic.

"josh-"

"i'll explain up here."

he pushed tyler up the stairs, and locked the door behind him.

as soon as josh was fully in the room, he saw what was going on with tyler. he was cry and trying to see if the person he saw was at the scene before him.

"josh! what the hell is going on?" he said, trying to keep his cool.

"what you seeing isn't real. it's just images of what might be. i don't know what youre witnessing right now, all i can tell you is that it's not real."

"how can you tell me that?! my family's out there! i need to go help them!" he yelled as he ran across the room.

"no!" josh said, yanking him down by the wrists. "it's not real."

tyler repeatedly hit him in the chest, sobbing. his tears slowed down and so did his rapid breathing.

josh held onto him as tight as he could. he himself was crying too. he didn't want tyler in the middle of all this. he just wanted them to be happy.

"joshua fucking dun, you better tell me what's going on," tyler said, wiping his tears off his cheek.

"okay. it's a long story, so, please, stay with me," josh said, sitting up against the wall.

he let out a long sigh.

"okay so as you know, im not from this world. my family has been here for a very, very long time. honestly, i don't know how the fuck they managed to stay here for so long without being detected. well, they've recently started to get detected. and we've started to, like, do all we can to protect ourselves from humans because they can kill us. before, we just killed any humans we saw. its different now. way different. it's still possible that i can, but im able to completely resist the urge to. talking about it makes me uncomfortable. anyways, the fbi or government or something is slowly tracking us down. i was going to tell you myself, but jenna did instead. as for the date, that's just the date of this big party we're having. i can't believe she mentioned that, god."

"wh- ho-" tyler didn't know what to say.

"but i have a plan. youre coming with me. we'll run away together. we can go to england where nothing has happened yet. we'll can free."

"josh-"

"only me and you da╴tyler."

tyler smiled slightly. "that's 'daddy' to you."

"shut up. im not used to this sort of relationship."

"i have a question."

"shoot."

"how the fuck did you make an attic?"

"i didn't. it's just an illusion."

"what the actual fuck?"