Jessa

<Art by Cassandra Jean>

Tessa awoke in a feverish sweat, tears in her eyes from the nightmare. In her dream, she was watching herself torture Jem until he was dead, his mangled body almost unrecognizable, and all from her doing. She sobbed quietly into her blanket. What was the meaning of all these dreams that she had been having of Jem being taken from her? All she knew was that Magnus also had dreams that spoke of truth, but her dreams were different every time, only always speaking of Jem leaving her, and she would be truly alone...

"Tessa?" a soft voice. Jem's. His strong, lean arms wrapped around her, and she leaned into his warmth, into the security of his body, only thinking about the fact that he was here now, and took a deep breath. 

She turned and faced her husband, looking up into his dark eyes, the faded scars on his cheekbones, and she was reminded of how happy and lucky she was to have him for as long as she may be able to. She smiled, and it was genuine.

"I'm okay," Tessa said. "Just... bad dreams." She didn't want to burden Jem with the knowledge of what her dreams were about.

Jem's lips caressed hers. "It will be okay. We'll be okay."

Tessa laid back down on her side, Jem's arms around her. She tucked her head under his chin. This was where she was safe, she was happy, she was loved. She closed her eyes and slept, surrounded by Jem's steady, unwavering flame.

<Wow, I just realized how short this is. Oh well. Hope you enjoyed. I'm trying to work on my ToG fanfic but I'm just having trouble and I suck so here's this from a completely different fandom...>