Part 1-Prologue

Janet POV

I hate meeting people. I did my whole life. I don't like the fact that you have friends, just because it'll will not make you look like a loner. That what happened at my old school. I didn't had friends, people said I was alone. But, the moment I have someone to talk to, people all of a sudden wants to be my friend.

And when you have friends, secrets starts to unfold.

That's why I avoid them. So I won't be in the center of attention. Because everyone is now interested in my eyes and not my personality. That's why I avoid any human being on Earth...

"Ay, Janet!"

"Yes Susan?" I asked taking one earbud out of my ear impatiently.

Susan was the only person I love. She is my 31 year old cousin who I just enjoy. She's the only other person I would always rather talk to. She's the light in my dark world. The person who always got my back...

"Why you always wear that nasty hoodie?"

It's just that she's surprisedly annoying. But, hey, that's what cousins do right? 

"Because I like it. And I would always wear my favorite hoodie." I said in a bored tone.

"But, you have a thousand more hoodies to choose from. And you choose that." She pointed in the car mirror, with a disgusted expression, so she can see me in the back seat.

I was wearing a very dark grey hoodie, with a maroon skirt, black tights, and maroon converse. It was true, I have so many hoodies, like my black one or my orange one, it's just that this is my favorite one. Susan knew that, it's just she loves joking on my clothes. Because she designs clothes that she sells for a lot of cash.

"Whatever." I replied and went back to listen to my music. Susan hummed back before returning her focus to the road. I was listening to a sad rap solo, but I love listening to them. I just love knowing I not the only one suffering from life. Knowing that someone else out there is also having the worst happening in their life.

I looked at the trees passing by, at orange sunset. I then looked at my reflection, seeing my rose- colored eyes in the glass. I realize I didn't had my sunglasses on, but I'll put it on later when I get out of the car. Even though people consider my eyes the most beautiful eye color in the world, I think they are a nightmare to have. I feel like my eyes will get me killed one day.

It's not that great having a unique characteristic.