Chapter Twelve: Clueless

The next morning, when I had gotten ready and was waiting for someone to come pick me up, I grinned to myself when there was a honking in the driveway.

I ran out of my house and slid into Axel's car. "Hey!" I exclaimed.

"Hey. How'd you sleep? Are you ready to work out tonight?"

"Oh, totally," I said sarcastically.

Axel laughed and as we pulled into the parking lot, I looked up to see Raven standing outside her car, looking upset. Axel's mood was instantly changed, "I should talk to her," he muttered.

"Oh, okay... I'll just see you at lunch then." At his questioning look, I explained, "I've been going out and eating with everyone all week! I'm a rebel now, like you."

He snorted, "Oh, I'm sure. I'll see you then, Delilah." With that, he walked away. I watched as he walked up to Raven, saying something to her quietly and then going into her car with her.

"Good morning!" I said as I walked up to Kyle, Lillian, and Kevin in the hallway.

"Well, you seem much more chipper than you've been all week!" Kyle said. "I take it you and Axel are still good?"

"Yep, I think we're all good now!"

"Then where is he?" Lillian asked, raising her eyebrow.

"He went to talk to Raven..."

Kyle groaned loudly. "Why? Why did he have to talk to her?"

I shrugged. "I don't know! She looked pretty upset, though. Try to be nice!"

He scoffed. "No, she's never tried to be nice to anyone but herself!"

Lillian huffed, hitting him playfully on the shoulder. Kyle looked down at her, gave her a small smile and kissed her on the forehead.

That day, we went to a pizza place for lunch. Kevin had called earlier so we could just go there and get the pizza and eat right away. As soon as I saw Axel, I could tell he was a little upset, and it made me wonder what he and Raven had talked about.

"Axel, I'm so glad that you're back with us!" Lillian exclaimed, breaking Axel out of the trance he was in, chewing his pizza slowly.

He jumped a bit, before putting on a smile. "I am too! I really missed you guys while I was gone."

"So, are you going to tell us why you disappeared on us, bud?" Kyle asked distractedly, putting a pepperoni that had fallen off of his pizza back on.

My eyes widened, and I glanced over at Axel, to see him already looking at me, before we both looked away quickly. "There's no reason, really," Axel said quickly, "I just didn't want to come to school."

"Ooh, what a rebel," Kyle teased.

I looked over at Kevin, who was sitting next to me. He smirked, rolling his eyes at his clueless brother. However, when I looked at Lillian, her eyes were narrowed, and she was looking between me and Axel, so I quickly looked down, taking a big bite of my pizza.

That day after school, Axel and I were going to work out. He teased that it was going to be the hardest workout we'd done since it had been so long. We had to make up for missed time. This fact made me groan and him laugh evilly.

When we got to the warehouse, I went to the locker room to change into my workout clothes. I had gotten my leggings and sports bra on, when I reached into my bag for my t-shirt, my eyes widened when my hand closed around nothing. I opened my bag fully and groaned when I saw the bag was empty. I had left my shirt at home! I looked over to the shirt I'd worn to school today and huffed, it was way too nice to wear when I was working out.