Chapter Six: Almost Truth and a Fight

"Maybe we should save that hanging out for later," I told him as Lillian stood up from her spot on the porch, her jaw almost on the floor.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea... I'll uh, see you tomorrow morning!"

"Sounds good!" I got out of his car, waving to him, before looking at my best friend, who seemed to be freaking out internally. I quickly walked to the porch, standing in front of her without saying anything, waiting for her to speak, as I knew she eventually would.

"I... I came to check on you... I was worried because you weren't at school... You... You were with... Axel?"

"I think we should go inside," I told her, grabbing her arm and leading her in. She seemed to be completely in shock. We sat down on the couch, and it was silent for a little bit.

"So, Axel and I..."

"Are you guys dating?" Lillian asked, interrupting me.

"What? No. No, I would tell you if we're dating. And I still like Landon... I think... No, Axel and I are just friends..."

"Okay... Why are you friends though? It just seems so random... I guess I just don't understand."

I sighed. I knew that I would eventually have to tell Lillian about being assaulted. I was just hoping I would have more time before I had to. "Something... bad happened to me... And Axel helped me. He's continued helping me... He drives me to school every morning and he's been working out with me and helping me learn how to fight..."

Lillian nodded, furrowing her eyebrows. Eventually she said, "Okay... So, what happened today? Why didn't you come to school?"

"I overslept, so Axel convinced me to skip..." I told her about the day, including hanging out with Kevin and Kyle.

"What the hell?!" she exclaimed excitedly. "They're so hot!"

I giggled, happy that she was acting like herself again. "They are pretty hot."

"Yes! Not as hot at Axel, though. But still pretty hot!"

I awkwardly looked down at my hands. It was easy to talk about how hot the twins were, since I didn't know them very well. However, Axel was becoming my friend. It felt weird to objectify him like that. Even if there was no denying how good looking he was.

"So, there really isn't anything going on between you two?" Lillian asked, sitting up and wrapping her arms around her legs.

"No, nothing. We're just friends. He's really cool."

Lillian smiled. "I bet you guys will end up together."

My eyes widened. "Lillian! No! What about Landon?" I laughed.

She shrugged. "I don't know... I just don't really know if I see you guys ending up together, you know? We've always been friends, and sometimes I feel like you just like Landon because he likes you..."

I couldn't believe she was saying this. She never had mentioned anything about this before, so I always thought she supported it. "Wow," I said, not positive of what else to say.

"Yeah... But, maybe I'm wrong! I could be, and you guys could be meant to be together! I just... I don't know..."

It was quiet for a little bit, before I asked what I missed at school today, and she went into details about classes and any gossip I missed. I cared a bit more about school than I did about the gossip, but I let her talk anyways.

It took hours before Lillian left. I loved nights hanging out with Lillian alone. We had been best friends since elementary school, and while we had both changed as people over the years, we always had managed to continue staying friends.