Cool Phana's Heels

Flashback

"No no no no no stop!!! Stay away!!" a boy screams his lungs out and runs for his life when he sees his friend running towards him with a bucket full of water. Having longer limbs, his friend catches up the boy in no time and swings his arms using all of his strength but still holding the bucket firmly.

"SHIT! IT'S FREAKING COLD!!" Wayo is now soaked from head to toe.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! That's what you get for spilling the beans to P'Kit about my old flings!"  Ming sticks out his tongue as he scoops more water with the bucket from the big tub they placed outside.

"It's not like you guys are even dating!! You could get back to me if you want, you coward!!!" Wayo flashes his middle fingers at Ming and chases after Ming as he grab another bucket.

"AAHHHH!!!! Fucking bastard! That hurts!" Little did Wayo know, there were some ice cubes mixed in the water he just splashed at Ming.

"You better be prepared, Ai' fucking Yo!" Ming launches himself toward Wayo as he grabs the water pipe running beneath their feet.

And so the tag game with a little insanity of water splashing included begins, breaking the tranquility of the backyard at the Panitchayasawad residence with the laughter, shouts and cursing generated from the two potty-mouthed carefree teenagers.

Present time

Wayo's hand twitches as he dreams about his first university summer holiday with Ming. It's been more than a month since he had cardiac arrest and he has yet to regain his conscious.

----------------------

It's just another day for Phana; studies late at night, wakes up early in the morning, shower, breakfast, school, but visiting hospital regularly was added during a couple of past few months. After that, he comes back, studies until late, sleep late and repeat the whole thing again. He only drinks out or eats out one out of twenty times when Kit and Beam force him to since there will be no end to their nagging.

His daily routine has become more simplified ever since Wayo's incident. He's having fun and socializing as if nothing has changed. But who knows what's inside a person's heart. In reality, he's pushing himself really hard.

And so he exists his dorm and locks it as he attempts to start another day without Wayo.

××××××××××

-16:00-

"Hey, Yo. I'm here. How are you feeling today?" Phana enters the room and places his things on the couch.

"I'm exhausted. Whoo," he throws away the flowers in the vase and replaces them with red rose.

"You know what? We were supposed to have lab work today but it got cancelled last minute" he continues to talk as if he's having a conversation with another person.

"We were already there when they cancelled the class but thanks to that, I could come and see you early! Aren't you glad?," he turns to Wayo with hopeful face, seeking reply from the boy. But his face dulls as it did not happen as he hoped again.

He heaves a sigh as he sits beside the bed. He stares at his pale and slender boyfriend sleeping peacefully on the bed and holds the boy's hand in his palms.

"I'd really appreciate if you respond me just a little bit" Phana says half-jokingly, trying to prolong his cheerful attitude that he tried so hard to achieve. He stands up and stretches his arms to release some tension in his muscles, heaving long satisfying sigh, "Ah! I can't wait for you to wake up. I have so many things I want to share with you!"