2.

Mei looked at her bare room. There was a bed, a table, and a bathroom. She sat down on the bed, feeling the hard wood beneath her. The mattress was clearly flatter than Hidan's brain. She sneezed once as the mattress grew in size before it became more than plushy for the girl to jump on.

  She tried to lie down and sleep but it didn't work. She couldn't fall asleep. It was impossible. She rubbed her red nose, remembering what Fate told her. She was born for a singular purpose—her full name: Mumei. Unnamed. Unnamed because there would be no point. She wasn't born with a name, with a dream or an ambition to live her own life. She was born for someone else's purpose. In this case, for several people. She pursed her lips.

  This wasn't going to be a piece of cake. Even with the powers she was gifted with—the power to tamper with reality, changing hearts was far more difficult. The short haired child jumped down from her bed before curiously ambling towards the main room where she saw Kakuzu still counting his money. The rest of the Akatsuki had returned to their rooms.

  "Kakuzu-San?" She questioned, "shouldn't you go sleep?"

  He gave her a look with those cold green eyes. "Take your own advice. I'm busy, so don't disturb me or I will tear your heart out."

  She grinned, "I didn't know you could be such a romantic, Kakuzu-San—" She chirped pleasantly, watching as the man furrowed his eyebrows at her actions.

  He scoffed before turning away. "I wouldn't be surprised if you were Hidan's child—you both piss me off the same way."

  "Thanks Kakuzu-San!" She chirped.

  "That wasn't a compliment," he deadpanned.

  "I know." The girl turned and walked the other way before grinning, "Goodnight, Kakuzu-San! Sweet dreams!"

  The man just huffed and went back to counting his money.

  What a fucking brat.

*****

  "Hey, bitch, wake up!" Hidan banged against the door. Seeing as how there was no answer, he counted to three before breaking down the door. Nothing. He frowned before turning back to the kitchen, where the rest of the Akatsuki were presumably eating. He entered, saying loudly, "Hey, did anyone see the fucking bitch—"

  He looked at the sight of Mei wearing an Akatsuki apron and frying bacon. The rest of the Akatsuki were seated at the table, watching as the strips of bacon were distributed on the plates. He then saw her squint her eyes as the bacon grew two times its size, as she smiled, pushing that and the toast towards the members. Kisame bit into it immediately. He nodded approvingly, "She can stay." Hidan scoffed. She already earned one member's approval with her food growing skills.
  But despite himself, Hidan grudgingly took a seat and bit into the food. It was disgustingly good.

  "Hey, kid, where did you learn to cook?" Hidan waved his fork at her.

   "I cooked for the kids in the orphanage," she said simply, "do you like it?"

   "No, I fucking hate it."

   "I can see you taking another bite—"

   "Shut the fuck up, bitch."

   She stuck out her tongue at him defiantly. "Then cook for yourself next time, asshole!"

   The Akatsuki couldn't help but regard this exchange with amusement. "She's something, un—" Deidara remarked, "she looks like the type interested in my art."

  "Tch, no one is interested in your art," Sasori said boredly, present at the table despite not needing to eat anything.

  When everyone was finished, she took the dishes, preparing to rinse them. "Mei—" The usually silent Itachi spoke, making her look up in slight surprise.