5.

****

Mei and Hidan got along like fire and alcohol—which meant that they didn't go that well together. They usually had their verbal fights, with the now seven year old having an astounding and colorful vocabulary. Take this morning for example.

"Asshole!" Mei stuck her tongue out at him.

"Bitch!" Hidan shot back, magenta irises flashing as he refused to lose a cussing battle with a seven year old.

"Dipshit!"

  "Whore!" Kakuzu looked at him, exasperated, as did Itachi, who frowned at the rough language. Seven year olds shouldn't be subjected to this.

But Mei didn't back down.

  "Man-whore!" She returned, sticking out her tongue again as Hidan smirked.

  "Fuckshit!"

   "Dick!"

Meanwhile, Kisame felt a bit disturbed at how well versed the girl was in cursing. They were terrible role models.

"Fucking brat!"

  Mei opened her mouth but before she could do so, Deidara went and whispered something in her ear before slinking away, laughing his ass off.

  Mei smirked, "Fatass."

  This time, Hidan gasped, putting a hand over his heart. "HOW DARE YOU?!" He hissed, "my ass is certainly not fat!"

  "That's what she said," Mei grinned slyly.

  "Sasori—" Hidan growled as the puppet turned towards him, raising an eyebrow.

  "Yeah?"

  "Did you teach the bitch chakra control?"

   "I started," he said dryly.

   "Good—" Hidan cracked his knuckles before he swung the girl over his shoulder as she screamed, hitting him against the back but the Jashinist continued to haul her over towards the lake.

  "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Mei yelped, "I was wrong, your ass is not fat."

  "Oh?" Hidan threw her so that she landed in his arms, smirking, "is that so?"

  There was a slow spread of a matching evil grin on Mei's face that made Deidara fear for the brat's life. "No, your ass isn't fat—" she murmured before looking up, her grey eyes twinkling, "it's fucking obese, asshole!"

  Hidan would have been disappointed if she didn't say that.

  Mei flew gracefully, doing a swan dive in a lake as Hidan threw her before there was a plume of water and a mini explosion. When Mei resurfaced, she focused her chakra to the soles of her feet with difficulty, balancing on the water.

  "Ha! I did it!" Mei started jumping on the water, "Sasori-San, I did—"

  "Heads up, bitch!" Hidan howled as he dove into the water, sending Mei tumbling backwards into the water as the silver haired man grinned at her expression. She looked cute when she was murderous.

  Hidan later incurred her wrath when he walked into his room, only to find a bed that was the size of a book. She had shrunken the bed.

  "Fucking brat," Hidan muttered, but despite himself, a small portion of his lips twitched to become a half smile.

  As much as Hidan at least pretended that he hated Mei, Deidara and her got along almost too well. Take everyday for example.

  "Art—" Deidara began with a wild grin, holding up his fist.

"—-is an explosion!" Mei grinned crazily back as she first bumped him.

"Tch," Sasori clicked his tongue, looking disapprovingly at them.

   Sasori thought that they were artistically retarded.

  Yet even despite all of this, the Akatsuki knew that Mei was more or less part of them. They never admitted it, but they thought of her as their own little girl. And they all agreed that anyone who would touch her would be given hell.

****