Chapter 7: "...Dinosaur GRRRRR..."

A/N: Chapter visuals above ⬆️

ANGELICA'S POV

It's been a few days since the 'Travis incident' and things having been going pretty smoothly. Surprisingly, Travis hasn't shown up at the club since that night, which was both relieving and concerning but I chose to not let it worry me too much.

Since it's a Sunday, the Gallery was closed and I decided to have a nice day-in and start on the artwork that Prospèro commissioned. I asked Erika if she needed help, since she was still recovering from her sickness; but apparently she was all covered for today, seeing as the club was booked out for a 21st Birthday Party.

So here I was, making whatever I wanted for Prospèro, cos he thought he felt a connection between the two of us from the last painting. Needing some inspiration, I started blasting my brainstorm playlist, the first song being 'Are you with me' by Lost Frequencies. Swaying to this song, I think of what he could've meant by us having the same soul.

Did he think that me, the artist, had the same personality? Same pain? Same emotions as him?...

Highly unlikely, but it still made me wonder.

What did that man see in that artwork? Or better yet, what did he see in me without realising?...

I had no idea whatsoever, on what to make for him and yet my hand was already on the paper sketching away a pair of eyes.

Going over everything that had been happening in the past few weeks, all my emotions had poured out onto the page, as a means of an outlet.

My Gallery was broke, commissioners and buyers weren't coming like they did when mum was alive, and now the only thing I have that connects me to her; is in the hands of the most arrogant multi-billionaire on this planet. Not to mention, I still have this nagging feeling that Travis is watching me; just waiting for the right moment to pop his creepy face back into the picture.

Oh and did I mention that my best friend for years might be hiding something dangerous from me... I don't know what it is, but she has put an effort in hiding it, so it has to be something big right?....
Or am I just getting over-suspicious of everyone around me cos of everything that's happened so far.

God!... I might be accusing her for absolutely nothing!
But then again, if that's the case, how does she know someone like Travis to begin with?

Five songs into my mental tangent, I realise how oddly accurate the eyes I've made are...

To Prospèro's...

But something was off.

Though they were his eyes, the expression in them, or the essence in them to be exact, wasn't. They didn't look like they belonged to him. The emotion in his eyes were so suppressed; as if he was trying and failing to tame a storm within.

But coming from experience, I know that at any given moment, if given the chance, he won't hesitate to show how he feels. It was like I had tamed his personality to the point that it almost didn't look like him anymore.

Almost...

Was this what he meant, when he said we had the same soul?

*Ping!*

Looking down at the table littered with pencils and black chalk, I see my phone glow with a notification.

It was Prospèro.

And I know what you're thinking...
How did this asshole get my phone number?!

I had to give it to him. For work purposes...