Chapter 6: "...Love at First Drink..."

A/N: Chapter visuals above ⬆️
We couldn't wait till Wednesday... Soz

ANGELICA'S POV

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" Prospèro exclaimed looking more dumbfounded than before. The strong and utterly arousing intensity of his eyes, now has completely vanished, and is replaced with an adorable child-like confusion.

"Bro, meet Erika Rosalind Holmes, or Erik for short. She's the owner of this club." Dantè said in an introductional tone; laced with something more; that I couldn't quite catch, but by the wink Erika gave him, she definitely did.

Looking even more confused, and clearly more willing to listen, Prospèro spoke,

"I don't understand. I thought 'Erik' was your boyfriend. He certainly had your attention..."

"What the fuck?!" I replied.

"BFF is more accurate for this relationship." Erika added, getting up and nodding at the bouncers to leave.

She walked over to her cabinet and grabbed four glasses and a bottle of coconut rum, pouring all of us half a whiskey glass.

She places two glasses on her desk in front of the boys and sat back down in her boss chair.

"Well, since Providence here still looks clueless, why don't you boys sit down for a drink and we try to clear things up huh?..." Erika said, her cheerful mood gradually coming back.

Graciously, Dantè clutches the drink, chuckling at the mispronunciation of his older brother's name and takes a seat.

Prospèro now even more annoyed, begrudgingly takes the drink. "It's Prospèro..." He grumbles.

Erika looks up from her drink.

"It's whatever the fuck I want it to be, especially after you pulled that brainless 'knight in shining armour' stunt in front of my club." She said, taking another sip of rum, her accent having made its presence known.

Oh shit... Prospèro better be ready for her wrath...

Instead, he quietly sat in his chair, looking at his glass.

As there weren't any seats left, I decide to make myself comfortable on the edge of the desk and quietly take a sip of rum.

God... this day has been a rollercoaster.

"Well, to be fair Erika" I began, not being able to take the silence anymore, "Your name is literally one letter more than it's male counterpart and the fact that almost everyone you know calls you 'Erik', doesn't help."

Dantè chuckled and Erika smiled in amusement, now looking over at Prospéro.

"But, I'm a little curious. If you did find a male 'Erik' in my place, what would you have done?" Erika asked clearly intrigued, and to be honest, so was I.

Prospèro took another sip of rum, before placing the glass on the table.

"I thought that 'Erik' was harassing Angel..." He said, his voice barely audible, possibly due to embarrassment.

"Angel?... Who the fuck is Angel?!" Erika asked, confused.

"Me... I'm Angel." I emphasised.

"Oh... Cute!" Erika said, giving me a smirk and wiggling her eyebrows. Or... a better way to describe it, is the look your friends give you when your crush walks in the room.

"Why would you think the so-called 'Erik' was harassing me?" I asked.

There is literally no way that could happen, so where the heck did Prospèro get his information from?!