Chapter 9: "...Ski masks and Black gloves..."

A/N: Chapter visuals above ⬆️
Get ready for some Erika and Dantè action

ERIKA'S POV

Whenever I got a call from Oliver it was always pleasant and consisted of casual talk; mixed with some catching up on what we've been up to. For example, last time he told me before hiring my club for a night, that his kid Tara got an academic award in mathematics last week and he was really proud of her. To be honest, I wasn't surprised by the little genius getting it, but I was still happy for her. Today however, wasn't like one of those calls.

"Erika dear, you know how much I love and respect you, but what the fuck is going on with Travis and that friend of yours?! All this publicity around your club is putting up a bad name for you underground." Oliver said bittersweetly.

As much as it hurt to admit, all this drama happening to Ange around my club has been putting a dent in my business.

The club has been flourishing because of famous appearances from the Aldétoré boys and Travis, but on the other side of things, less people have been hiring my club, and I've been invited to less meetings as well.

Just this month alone; I've only been invited to two. And that's not good for business.

It hasn't been this bad since dad's apparently flawed cover up for an accident that happened almost half a year ago, that he refuses to tell me about. It's not like it's the first time he's done favours for people, so I just blew it over as maybe someone trying to double cross him and it going sour.

Taking a deep sigh, I come back to the conversation at hand.

"Dear God not this again, don't worry I'm dealing with it right now as we speak, or at least Jason is..." I said smiling internally, knowing that Travis wasn't going to be a nuisance to me or anyone for a while.

On the other side of the call I hear a sigh mixed with relief and uncertainty.

"That's good, cause I was worried I was going to have to call your father to deal with this... issue."

"You wouldn't fucking dare Oliver! You and I both know that regardless of your position in my father's company, you fear the man just like everyone else!" I taunted him, knowing that the 'respect' he has for my dad was just a mask for his fear.

"That may be true but if this isn't sorted soon, I don't care how scary the man is. I'm gonna have to contact him. I'd rather have you hate me; than your father hunt me or anyone else down for not telling him what's going on with his own daughter." He said sincerely.

"Like he'd care." I mumble, too annoyed to hear whatever Oliver said after that. Now leaning on my desk I pinch the bridge of my nose and take in some air.

"Ok Oliver if this is all you called for, I appreciate the worry but I'm handling the situation and you won't have to call my father. I'll talk to you later." I managed to say with some level of professionalism.

"Ok then, take care Erika." He concluded.

"Likewise." I said finally ending the call and dropping the phone on my desk and taking a sip of coffee.

*Ring Ring*

Oh for fuck sakes, I just finished talking with him, what does he want now?!

Picking up my phone once again, I look at the caller ID.

Danté

Automatically, I begin to smile.

Since the incident at the club with his brother, Prospéro, we've been texting and even calling each other, when our schedules allowed it. We've even managed to schedule a few dinners together seeing as I'm more of a night owl and it would be a miracle to see me at a lunch date on time, let alone a breakfast date.