Chapter 3: "...Viral Rivals..."

A/N: Chapter Visuals above ⬆️
Prospèro might make you a bit mad in this chapter... Sorry in advance.

ANGELICA'S POV

*Beep Beep* *Beep Beep* *Beep Beep*

Waking up with a throbbing headache, is not how I envisioned myself this morning. I throw my arm around the bedside table to snooze my alarm, but I am met with something soft and squishy--

"Why the FUCK are you touching my face?!!" Erika says sternly.

I turn over and see her dressed up in her usual attire, kneeling down beside the bed.

"Did you just mimic my alarm to wake me?" I asked, amused.

"Beep Beep! Wake the fuck up! It's 8:40, you're gonna be late. My driver is waiting downstairs for you." Erika exclaimed, pulling the covers off my warm body.

"SHIT!" I yelled, getting up and running to the bathroom.

Now, I know what you guys are thinking. I'm the boss, I don't need to be on time. Wrong. I've always been an organised person and have had the need to always be on time, and now, since every aspect of my life is in deep shit, I can't afford to lose anything.

Time is money, as they say.

I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, before grabbing my bag and running out the door, yelling a quick 'Bye' to Erika. Since today was Kat's day off, I had asked Erika's driver to stop over at the cafe, so I could buy myself breakfast.

Stepping out of the car, I see a familiar sleek black Rolls Royce park a couple spots ahead of me. Thinking nothing of it, I continue, walking into my favourite cafe, 'La Patisserie'.

"Hi miss! What would you like?" The barista, named Luke, asked.

"Just a large Cappuccino and bagel to-go, thanks." I said, even my voice sounded tired.

"Alright, that'll be $5.50." Luke spoke, holding out his hand.

Just as I was about to give him a $10 note, a large hand; holding a black credit card, came from behind me,
"It's on me." The familiar deep voice spoke aloud, tapping the card on the machine before I can even argue.

I turn to see the same chiseled jaw and piercing eyes, that I've learnt to admire. He stood beside me with incredible posture, wearing a beige coat with a beautiful 'A. Lange & Söhne' watch on his wrist. Yes, I'm kinda obsessed with watches, and yes, I still hate his guts.

"Prospèro Aldètorè... You've got some real nerve showing up here, what are you even doing? Following me?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

He took another step forward until I could feel his breath tickle my ear,

"Yes." He whispered, sending a shiver down my spine.

I take the receipt from Luke and step aside, waiting for my order to be called.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Prospèro asked, unbuttoning his suit jacket.

I looked at him for a second and spoke, "You're second is up."

"You think you're really clever, don't you?" He imposed, looking at me up and down.

"As a matter of fact, I do. And since you seem to have a problem with me, how about you let me legally own the artwork, and you won't have to see me again!" I yelled slightly, earning a few looks from seated customers.

"Oh darling, I have no intention of leaving you alone." Prospèro spoke, in a seductive manner.

"That was cringey as fuck!" I blurted, quickly slapping my hands over my mouth, stifling the on-coming giggles.