Chapter 12: "...Undeniable Truth..."

PROSPÉRO'S POV

I have gone completely insane.

The drive to Erika's apartment wasn't a long one, but it was enough to think of the possible people who might want to steal the artwork.

Fortunately, the only name that won't leave my mind, is Angelica.

She had to be behind this, she was scared I was gonna destroy her precious little painting and so came to my home to steal it. But how the hell did she know where I lived? I've never brought her to my place.

All these thoughts are the reason why I'm heading to Erika's apartment which is where Danté is. He must have helped her, or Erika must have manipulated Danté into helping her little friend.

All this doesn't matter, because the painting's gone and I don't know where it is.

I was slightly impatient as I entered Erika's apartment.

"Where the hell is Angelica?!" I asked, my voice raising.

"Anglica? Why should we know where she is?" Erika spoke almost too quickly and smoothly.

"Because your little friend stole my artwork." I said getting even more agitated.

"But it's not your artwork..." Danté said quietly but his face filled with confusion.

"I paid for it, so it is." I said, trying to win the argument.

"Yea, but you're on contract, it's not yours forever." Erika said, standing up from the couch.

"Yea, exactly! The contract's not over, so Ange can't have it back yet." I said proving my point.

"But how do you know Ange stole it?" Erika said, pushing every nerve in my body.

"Because I just fucking know! Who else would've?! Huh!? Who!? She might have gotten someone else to do the dirty work for her, but she's definitely behind this!" I yelled slamming my hand on the table.

"Wait wait! But... hold on I'm a little confused. I thought you two were fine... I didn't know shit went down with you two." Erika said. Damn, she is not a good actor.

"Don't give me that shit. One, she would've definitely told you what happened because isn't that what girls do? Talk to their BFFs when a minor inconvenience happens... and two, you're a terrible actor." I said firmly, forcing Erika to give up her 'manipulative' persona.

"Ok fine!" Erika said, giving up, "She told me what happened. But that doesn't mean she stole it."

"So you mean to tell me, that she didn't tell you about a plan she had to steal the painting?" I asked Erika, not believing a single word.

"No! She told me she was tired and she didn't want to think about you anymore." Erika said falling back onto the couch.

Well... that was kinda a stab to the heart.

"Look, it doesn't matter! You two are taking me to her apartment right now." I ordered, pointing my fingers at them.

Erika let out a huffed breathe, stood up and began speaking.

"Like hell I am. You're acting like a psychotic child having a tantrum and Ange has dealt with enough this past week thanks to you. I'm not gonna lead you to her just so you can make things worse."

"Fine then, don't take me there. Atleast call her over here. She has a right to know that her painting is missing, and that's if  she didn't steal it in the first place, and that I, for once, had nothing to do with it." I said.