the void

I stand up in this kind of desert void and in the distance, I could see a woman walking up to me. Did I die but Nina said it was time but what for I was starting to panic, my heart was hammering I didn't know what to do, so I closed my eyes and started to count to 10.

"1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" with every number my breathing was slowing down and my heart rate was as well. the woman was closer and when I opened my eyes and saw my mother a foot away from me in front of my very eyes.

"mum is that you" I spoke in a quiet voice I never thought that I would see her again since she left me.

"yes baby it's me " she choked out and I ran faster than I ever could to close the gap between us and gave her a tight hug .both of us in tears her, knowing she left me with the beta and me knowing that I'm going to wake up with her not being next to me again.

"I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry that I left you with him , i'm so sorry baby" she cried as she hugged me.

"it's alright mum but whats happening ? Mum i was able to beat up the future alpha and i just shifted but i'm here whats happening ? i'm so confused" i tried to tell mum

" the reason you could Kira was because you are a phoenix Kira " she spoke remembering why she was here.

"what! how? I am a wolf, I have a wolf"

"well Kira you are half-bird as well," she said looking guilty what is she hiding from me?

"I'm a phoenix Kira and so is your grandparents we come from a long line of rare creatures that go down many centuries. your grandparents could shift into the wolf and since we were naturally more powerful than ordinary wolves we ended up making a pack which made my parents the alpha and Luna of the moon rising pack. when I met your father we were young and he would look after me so well and we mated as soon as i could since i thought he was mate . When i moved in i found out rather quickly how backward minded he was and I did not want him to find out that I'm a phoenix, so I quickly chose my second creature to be a wolf so he can think I'm just a daughter of an alpha. when you were born i made it a priority that my secret was kept from your father. if he did both of us would be forced to be weapons against other packs to gain territories as well as become mating dummies to pop out a new more powerful species and i couldn't allow that. your father has done many horrible things to me but that doesn't give me the excuse for leaving you that day im really so sorry for leaving you too
"so you are a phoenix and I am some sort of hybrid" me saying this out loud makes it all sound weird like how can I go from rejection of my stupid mate, to a whipping that should have killed me, to meeting my dead mother in some dessert void, to find out I am some sort of hybrid like what else is going to happen! I'm going to see a baby fall out of the sky with a balloon drop into my arms and be forced to raise it.

" yes, you are a hybrid the moon goddess and sun god gave you the blessing to see me and to give your wolf Nina early. you are powerful Kira you can shapeshift into three creatures with your wolf being the first creature you can shapeshift into. you also are immortal until you want to die and can regenerate any kind of wound faster than any creature under most circumstances. you also can use power from the sun and moon to generate power over the elements .since your part wolf you have increased strength and speed especially under the full rise of the sun and moon but be careful many want this power and use it for evil and if you do use this for evil. the sun god and moon goddess will take that away from you. you are part wolf who serves the moon and part phoenix who serves the sun you are their servant and when the need arises you will have to do its will this is why you were born, something is going to happen but the god and goddess will not tell me."

after that a long silence is between us but it wasn't silence to me it was many many many mind explosions happening in my head.

" mum how do i know my calling ? how do i serve gods? how can i control these powers? who would teach me? how can i do good if i'm an omega?" i was afraid for what going to happen how could so much wrong happen to me in a short period of time.

" baby its going to be alright i been watching you all this while up with the god and goddess and all these years you made so proud that you could never be tamed but that pack and made me so happy that you were stronger than me and could achieve more to make a stand that i will ever be and because of that i know you can do this the sun god and moon goddess did not just pick a random person off the street or picked another person they picked you and they always have a reason for what they do." she spoke as she gave me a hug.

"thanks mum i will do my best to make you proud and you are the reason i fight everyday to be the best i can to make a stand in that barbaric pack and will always love you" i hug her tighter and she whispers into my ear

"i love you to baby , i will be watching over you"

and i open my eyes to see the morning sky and my paws in the damp soil .