Chapter 7

A/N: The picture is of Nixie

Hadley's POV

~~Saturday~~ (party day)

I woke up to the smell of fresh hashbrowns. HASHBROWNS!!!!! I quickly jolted out of bed and ran down the stairs, although I tumbled down the last few.

"WHERE ARE THEY?!?!?" I asked eager to eat my favorite breakfast food.

"Thanks mom! I"M FINALLY SIXTEEN AND I GET HASHBROWNS I LOVE YOU ALL!" I exclaimed. My mom laughed at me and then my dad came around the corner with my brother, Mike. Mike is third in command for our pack but he went on a vacation around the world with his mate and soon to be wife, Nixie. Mike is 22 and he is 6'3 with brown hair and green eyes, and Nixie is 5'7 with blonde hair and green eyes. I'm the only one in my family with blue eyes which completely defies genetics. I swallowed my huge bite of hashbrowns and rand over to Mike.

"MIKE! I haven't seen you in ages, I missed you guys so much!" I said as I hugged him and then Nixie.

"I feel ya sis, Happy Birthday! You're finally 16! I can't wait to not let you have a mate," he said as he laughed. Nixie hit his arm and then spoke.

"You didn't let anyone stop you from being with me," she said as she laughed. "And happy birthday my little almost-sister-in-law."

"Thanks, and I won't know who my mate is until they tell me that I am their mate. Keep that in mind," I informed him.

"Ummm helloooo," he began sounding like a girl, "Your party is tonight at the pack house and all the teens are going, you're bound to find him."

"True," I said, "I'm going back to my hashbrowns before they get cold." I walked back to the kitchen table to find Janessa eating some of the hashbrowns. "HOW DARE YOU EAT MY FOOD!" I yelled. Yes, there was a lot more, but I wanted them all. Jess coward away frightened by my yell.

"Jesus christ, turn down the volume. I just wanted a few," she said shoving the rest in her mouth before I could get to them. "Happy birthday you hormonal 16 year old," she said as she rolled her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me little missy, how would you like it if I ate all the nutella?" I asked. She dropped her fork and stared at me.

"You wouldn't," she said.

"Oh, but I would," I smirked and then ran to the kitchen, grabbed all the nutella and ran to my room. I locked the door as quickly as I could, and seconds later an angry Janessa was banging on my door. 

"Open up! You're a terrible person!" She shouted as she continued to try and break the door down.

"It's my birthday! I am the princess!" I shouted back. This went on for about 15 more minutes before my mom and dad decided to break it up. Although, they made me put the nutella back.

~~Later that night~~

Its about 6:52 and Blair and I just finished getting ready. I had my hair down and curly while wearing a cute, but fancy country styled dress with my favorite cowgirl boots. Blair was wearing a yellow floral dress with a cute white belt and white cowgirl boots with her hair in a side braid. I decided about 2 days ago that I wanted my party to be a country style dress up, it suits me arriving in a '47 chevy pickup that I got today. Best present ever.

"Blair, we look perfect," I said admiring us in the mirror.

"Ain't no doubt about it girlie," she said she twirled around. I looked at the clock and it now said 6:58.

"Blair, Mason should be here any second. I told him to come early so we could prep him for when the boys interrogate him," I said as I did my own twirl.