Chapter 12

A/N: I will explain the picture at the end, don't want to spoil what you haven't read :)

Hadley's POV

Once we got to the training field Blaire dramatically dropped to the ground, happy to no longer be walking. Nixie calmly sat down next her as Mason and I walked into the middle of the field.

"So, Hadley. Since I am only Terra and not any of the other Elements, I contacted my friends from the other kingdoms to come and help train you," Mason said.

"Aren't all of your kingdoms supposed to be rivals? How would you have friends?" I questioned as I plopped onto the floor as well. I needed to rest my legs too, I walked the same distances as Blaire and Nixie.

"There are a select few of us who find the whole rivalry to be absurd. We just got together one day and became friends," He shrugged it off.

"Does your dad know?" I asked.

"Of course he does silly, he is also one of the few. He's only protective of the Kingdom like a king should be," he informed.

"Ok, whatever. When are we going to begin?" I asked before Mason shot a bunch of rocks in to the air. Seeing as what goes up must come down, I shielded my face and waited for impact. After I was sure they should be down I got out of my position and looked up, they were just floating there. "Having fun Mason?"

"It's my signal for them to come," he said as he pointed to the trees.

"There's nothing in the trees doofus," I commented. He grabbed my head and tilted it up, smoke.

"That's the Ignis, or fire, Quae's signal telling me that she is coming," he said. She? I get a girl trainer!

"What about the other two?" I questioned before feeling a huge gust of wind hit my face, that answers my question.

"Aer," Mason voiced my thoughts.

"Water," I said pointing as the slight puddle of water underneath his feet.

"Good," he said before letting all the rocks fall, just not on us.

"Mason! Bro, I haven't seen you in a while. Where have you been?" A tall dark guy came out of the forest. "Is this the wonderful Hadley you were telling me about?" He asked as he took my hand and kissed it. I slightly blushed which made Mason give his friend a death glare.

"Yes I am, and you are?" I asked mystery dude.

"I, my friend, am the one and only Darius. I can't believe Mason never told you about me," he gasped looking shocked.

"Well, I only found out about all of this yesterday," I pointed out to him.

"Oh, well look at her, she's a fast learner. You should keep her," Darius joked around.

"As if I'd ever let her go," Mason said as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me in for a kiss.

"How adorable... now get a room," A girl's voice said. Mason pulled away from the kiss.

"Riley," he mumbled in agitation. "Hey there Riley, this is Hadley," Mason said with a smile. Riley was somewhat tall and had light brown eyes that almost looked gold, but went nice with her black hair.

"What's up cowgirl?" she asked. I think she is calling me this because I chose to wear my cowgirl boots to training... I don't even know why I did that.

"Nice to meet you too," I said seeing why Mason seems annoyed by her. She definitely has that tough 'I don't need no man' vibe.

"She's acted this way ever since her mate died. She almost killed herself, but realized she still had many adventures to go on," Mason whispered into my ear.