Chapter 8

A/N: Check out my friend WillowOfTheWisps new story: If I Were to Die

Mason's POV

It was late when I got home, about midnight. The chandelier above the door and the dim light coming from my dad's office were the only sources of light in the house. I took my jacket off and hung it in the closet before ascending up the stairs and into my dad's office. I approached the big wooden door and heard the sound of shuffling papers and multiple drawers opening. I knocked on the door twice and waited for permission to go inside.

"Enter," my dad's raspy and tired voice answered. I opened the door and walked in.

"Hello father," I said as I bowed.

"I swear next time you bow to me I will lock you in your room until you figure out you don't have to," he laughed a little.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "Guess what," I asked him as I sprawled across the dusty couch he has in the corner of the office.

"What?" He asked as he finished filing his papers. A huge smile came across my face when  realized what I was about to tell him is actually true.

"She is my mate," I exclaimed happily throwing my arms about. Then a frown came upon my face when I remembered Damon.

"That's good son! But why the long face?" He became concerned.

"I think that she is one of us, but also has some werewolf blood in her," I told him.

"And this is bad because...?" My dad didn't see what I was getting at.

"I'm not her only mate," I blatantly stated as I clenched my fists. That part confused my dad and really angered me.

"Oh my," he said. "You might want to protect her, stay with her as much as possible. People get jealous son," my dad said not looking me in the eye. I felt like there was something that he was hiding from me.

"Is that it?" I questioned him. He's seemed to have zoned out.

"Hmm?" he blankly said.

"Is that it? Are you just gonna say something freaky like that and not have any back story to go with it?" I snapped. That might have been a bit out of line to snap like that, but I am pretty tired and he seems to hide many things from me.

"I'm sorry son, there are some things that you should know and some things that should be left alone," he said as he started getting up to go to bed. "Goodnight Mason."

"Goodnight dad," I replied as I myself headed off to bed. I better get ready for my morning meeting with Hadley, I need to explain everything to her.

~~Morning~~

Hadley's POV

I woke up at 6:48 am... oops I'm going to be late. I got up really fast and ran over to my closet. I threw on some leggings and a tank top, and put on my running shoes before walking over to Blaire. I looked around my room for something I could poke her with and be a safe distance away so she doesn't claw my face off. I remembered that I kept my old bo staff from when I did karate in my closet so I went back in and grabbed it. It was a lot lighter in my hand than it was when I was seven and it was starting to chip. I stood as far away from Blaire as I could and then poked her with it multiple times until she groaned.

"Wake up beasty," I said as I poked her a few more times. Once she jolted up I dropped the bo staff and retreated to the futon where Nixie was  laying. I was trying not to wake her up, but once the bo staff dropped I assumed that it would wake her.