Chapter 2

I awoke, my mind fuzzy of the night before. After Teal dispersed, me and Heath banked for the night. We laid slightly off the road, hidden by the Godly bridge. My body fit perfectly into his, curves and all. 

        No one really knew that we had feelings for one another, except us, of course. Fate brought us together long ago and we discovered our need for each other shortly after. We hid it well.

        I sat up awkwardly, trying not to wake him. 

        His features are mysteriously sharp. His hair is long, just past his ears, and dirty, dirty blonde. His eyelashes are short and feathery, the way they flitter like wings when he sleeps is mesmerizing. He has small, perfect, pink lips.

        He arose suddenly with fast reflexes as he searched my face, puzzled. I just realized that I was staring at him, blankness in my eyes, all hope gone.

        “Jess….?” he whispered.

        I sprang up, almost pushing him in the process. He shortly mimicked my action, though more with ease.

        “Why?” I barely choked out the word.

        He looked at me willingly.

        “Why me? Why am I the one for you, and not Jackie or even Hunter?” I spit her name at him.

         Hunter and me have never got along but she has always tried to one-up me every chance possible. She loves Heath, He loves me, and I, I am still in too much of a blur to know.

“Jess, don’t bring this up now…you know why I love you, so why even ask? As if any other girl matters anyway” he flickered his eyes from me to the ground and back.

“So, you and Hunter’s romantic montage a couple months back meant nothing?” I was furious now. About six months ago, I walked out onto our hotel balcony to find him and Hunter kissing like they’d done it so many times before.

I have kept my mouth shut for a while and tried to let it blow over but it just keeps coming back into my word bank. Me and Heath have fought before but when it had to with our feelings and the rest of our group, it got serious, fast.

“It meant something,” his lips pursed, “…to her.”

I was stunned that he even realized what I meant. Maybe we were meant to be together, we know each other so well it’s scary.

“What about you? Maybe you should open up your mouth every once in a while” I saw his jaw tighten.

Heath doesn’t talk much to anyone other than me, because he’s so good at blending in, there’s really no need to.

“Maybe you should shut yours.” he smirked, but only a little.