Chapter 5

A/N small trigger warning at the start

My POV

I woke up in a different bed than my new room's bed. It was a little bigger and the mattress was a bit harder. Then I remembered yesterdays events. Sighing, I turned over, only to be faced with two brown eyes staring at me and a soft smile grinning at me.

"Good morning." David smiled at me. I smiled back, letting him pull me in for a hug before lying back down and facing me like he did just a moment ago. 

"Do you think you can tell me a little more about.." He paused "You know." He looked down at my arms. I knew what he meant.

"Okay." I whispered. I took a deep breath, knowing that this might take a while to explain.

"First of all, sorry I didn't tell you yesterday. I was so overwhelmed with emotion it made me speechless." David gave me an understanding nod and I continued. "Well, I started self harming about 2 years ago. The reason is because I was severely bullied in and outside of school, also online. The people would call me worthless and stuff like that. I first developed terrible anxiety because of it, but that turned into self harm as a coping mechanism and also because my parents didn't care about me. I felt alone and unwanted, and this was the only thing that really made me feel something." I paused, noticing that David's eyes had a few tears trickling down.

"Please don't cry because of me." I sighed sadly and wiped one of his tears away. 

"I'm so sorry that happened to you." There was a heartbreaking look in his eyes. "But I promise that I care about you. And if you ever have trouble with anxiety I care and want to help okay?"

"Okay." I said. I'm happy that he cares, but I know it will be difficult for me to open up more about my anxiety. It is a really touchy subject for me to be honest.

Davids POV

"Now enough with the sadness." I said and got out of bed. I needed this to be a happy day because Juju was coming over to meet her today. While she was still sleeping, I was texting with Juju who for the past 2 days wouldn't stop begging me to let her see my daughter. I would say that now is a good time, she seemed to have settled into the house well and also gotten comfortable with me.

"My friend Jujubee is coming over today." I told her at breakfast. I could immediately see her eyes beam with excitement just like they did yesterday when I said we were going to the beach. 

"I'm glad to see you are excited to meet her." I giggled and she blushed.

"I really am excited. Juju is one of my favourites from your season." She smiled widely. "But what will we be doing with her?" She asked.

"Well, we will need to get into drag because we will be filming a little something at the Wow presents studio, but afterwards I was thinking we could go over and visit her cats?" I explained.

"Oh my god I love cats." She grinned and brought her plate to the dishwasher. 

"Go on and get changed before Juju arrives, in the meantime I'll take Blu for a walk." So she rushed upstairs and I began my walk with Blu.

On the way back I spotted Juju exciting an Uber and sprinting towards me with her drag back in her hand.

"Hi Raven!" She squealed as she hugged me. "So where is this daughter of yours?"

"She is in the house, let's go in so you can meet her." I said and opened the door, only to reveal my daughter standing there with a look of amazement. 

"You are Jujubee, that is so cool!" She exclaimed and Juju tackled her with a hug.

"And you are so adorable." Juju giggled and let go of her.

"Well your dad and I will go change into some drag and then we can head to Wow presents kay?" She nodded and proceeded to take Blu inside to feed him while Juju and I walked upstairs to get ready.

"So what's it like with her? She really is a cutie." Juju asked while applying her makeup. 

"It's been great so far and she is super appreciative of everything I do for her, I really am a lucky dad." I said and mentally squealed at the fact that I can call myself a dad now, and not just a dad to my dog like I used to.

"Well I'm ready if you are." Juju adjusted her wig and I nodded.

"Come on, the uber is here to take us to the studio." I yelled and my daughter came rushing to the front door from the kitchen.

Once she saw me her jaw dropped and she fell to her knees. Worried, I hurried down the stairs quickly and asked if she was okay.

"I'm fine." She stuttered. 

"Well what is it then?" I laughed confused.

"You guys just look so stunning in real life with your drag on." She said in awe. 

"Well aren't you just the cutest." Juju giggled and gave her a hug. "So you excited to see my cats later?" Juju asked. 

"Yeah." She nodded and smiled. 

The drive there was mostly Jujubee asking her various questions. Like 'Favourite Colour, animal, food, drag queen..' That last one really interested me.

"That is really difficult to say." She admitted and bit her lip. 

"Don't worry I won't get offended, unless of course you say Jujubee." I joked. Juju shot me a playful glare.

"I wouldn't say I have one specific favourite, but I'd have to say it is a tie between Katya and Raven." She grinned.

"Well soon it will only be Raven." I giggled and gave her a hug. 

"No I'd say soon it will only be Jujubee." Juju said with a fake shady look in my direction. We all fell into a fit of laughter.