29 Happily ever after

I don't know what I was thinking. But I know for sure, there is no way I could have walked away from Sarah, even if I wanted to. Latter she confessed she had no intentions to remove her clothing, but looking at her was enough to set my firm resolution on fire and kissing her put an end to whatever self control I thought I had.

It's been 3 weeks since we got married. She was pleasantly surprised to know I convert to Islam during her absence. And she was even more surprise to know see I am a practicing Muslim.

She spoke to her mom and friends and informed them that she is not coming back. Even after 3 weeks of being together, I worry for her tremendously. That is something I am sure I can never get over. A small noise in the house is enough to put me on edge. Sarah can not and should not leave home without me. I have become the male chauvinist I thought I'd never be. But Sarah is important to me beyond reasons.

While I still paint on and off, I decided to quit it as a way of making a living. I have more expenses now since I have a wife. This is when I got an offer to teach art at the local school. Sarah was excited about it. And I liked it too. 

However, I was reluctant to let Sarah work. I know it isn't the right thing to do. She is gifted in so many ways. But I am not ready to take that leap of faith as yet. I trust her completely but not with her safety.  

"I would go crazy sitting and doing nothing at work" Sarah said as I joined her in the bed. I have come to realize over time that she knows how to make me do exactly what she wants without me knowing at all on how it happened.

"Not now babe. That idea isn't sitting well with me"

"Well, what if I start practicing with ladies only. I don't want money. I will do it as a service, a help to them. There aren't many psychiatrist with Islamic knowledge in this area, in fact there is no one. So I might be able to help" she said determined.

"I hope they don't get to know how you planned on seducing me on that fateful day. Your pious image will be shattered. I don't mind passing the info to some of my friends, just to make sure no one come near you" I told her teasing, pulling her towards me. She rested her head on my chest. She smell lovely.

"I survived for 7 years darling. I will take care of myself. Just the ladies and children for now. Please" she was literally begging me.

"Babe, it is not that I like to keep you like this but every time I think something might happen to you, I kind of cant control myself. I just cant imagine right now a better way of keeping you safe. I cant. Please, give sometime for me to settle with the idea" I told her my genuine worry and she stopped pursuing.

But two weeks latter, at night some ladies came in to speak to her. Then some more came in the following day. And the house was full with women and children by the other week. And I didn't know how it happened, now the entire f*cking town is coming to see my wife for consultation.

Then one teenager, a boy came. I was watching him go. Then teenagers start coming for sometimes and now all genders , all ages and all types come to the same house I was intending to keep my wife safe.

After an year, I don't know how it happened but she has her own office with paid help and as busy as she was when in US.

"Shall we arrange some Zikr majlis with the locals here on coming Thursday?" she asked me.

"My love, I once thought I had a say in whatever happen in my life and yours. I may say whatever I like, but if you have something else in mind, please do it. Because end of the day, I do what you want , exactly the way you want and when you want even without knowing what I am doing" I told her which is the truth.

"well, I am glad that is settled. Do you like a girl or boy?" she suddenly asked me.

"What do you mean a girl or boy?"

"Well, a son or daughter?" she asked me.

And I was beyond myself. Is she carrying my child.

"Are you?" I asked placing my hand on her stomach. She smiled and nodded. My joy was too overwhelming.

"How many weeks?"

"I don't know. I just found out today" she said holding my hand.

"Well, finally something you cant control" I told her and gave her a kiss.

That is how my daughter Aysha was born. 3 years latter Essa was born and then Maryam.

My life is complete Alhamdulilah with the blessing of Allah with so many things. But I give thanks to Him everyday for one thing, that is for giving me Sarah, who has made my life perfect. And with our children, we continue to live a happy and joyful life.

May you find the same happiness I found too.. Ameen..