15 AE

Jimin focus

The thirteenth day was almost over and Jimin could feel every muscle in his body though he had to say that he was unexpectedly blithely given they stood up at five and went to bed a little before midnight. Also, they had fit in a fourth meal after the work-out with purely proteins to provide all crewmembers with enough energy for the hard program. And everyone was progressing satisfyingly. Even Yoongi who hated sports was motivated.

The only problem was not getting bored after Hoseok's training. When he had asked why there did not exist something like a holodeck or at least something equally fun, Namjoon had explained to him why holodecks did not work and Hoseok had emphasized that this was a military ship for -normally- short missions and not an Explorer. Apparently, the biggest part of the ship where the circular accelerators (or cores), the reactor, the anti-matter traps, water tanks and Bang's 'brain'. And for the crew there was only the gym, the shooting range and the private rooms to find some entertainment. That much to exploring the ship. But because Bang's range of computer games and movies was small, too, Jimin was bored out of his mind. He had not dared to visit Jungkook again because he was unsure of what could happen if he did, and so he had spent his evenings alone in his room with his coward thoughts.

However, the bridge was the only remotely interesting place because one could look out of the window, and that was why he was on his way there. But when the door opened, he already found the room occupied by Taehyung. The pilot had his feet on the panel and seemed to not have noticed his entrance. Good for Jimin. After their shower encounter he had used his private bathroom after the training and it had been mostly weird between them, so this was his chance to leave unseen. But on the other hand, his behavior was childish, and he should definitely talk to the V about what happened. So, he stood in the door unsure of what to do until the pilot made the decision for him.

"Jimin." The younger pulled the music headset out of one ear.

"Hey," he greeted the other weakly. Why must Vs have such a good perception? "What are you listening to?"

He walked over to Taehyung and took the wireless earpiece that was handed to him. This song must be very old, if not ancient. Things like that were barely played in those days.

Today's music was produced by AIs that used several stimulating frequencies* to induce various emotions in the human brain, a method that was also used for neuroenhancement in some jobs. So, to have a pure piano piece was rather seldom. Even the neo-classical works were written by AIs and combined with those frequencies, though they were occasionally performed by a real orchestra with a DJ.

"Your taste in music is quite... unique," Jimin stated and handed back the earpiece. It was not that he disliked it, he just was not sure what to think. He would not have expected Taehyung of all people to listen to this kind of music.

"An old friend of mine was obsessed with the old music, and he made me fall in love with it, too," the V explained.

"A childhood hacker buddy?" Jimin asked with a smile and sat down on the small armrest of the other's chair.

"He was a pianist." The younger looked up at him with a mischievous smile.

Jimin's eyes widened amazed. He never had heard of any pianist on V. Those people worked for the banks, and he could not see were a musician would fit into this system. "But..."

"He earned even more money than I did," the pilot continued. "Do you know why?"

Jimin shook his head.